Home General Discussion

The Man In A Blue Turban With A Face

As of March 31st I will be an official employee of Flagship Studios in Seattle. I graduated college in 2006 and have spent the better part of the past 2 years freelancing to build my body of work and resume to the point where I would be able to find my way into this great business. This place has been a tremendous boon and constant source of support and inspiration on that front. Polycount is where I found my first freelance gig and I have since urged that my old professors introduce it to their students as early as possible and encourage them to participate in contests and the community.

With this years Dom War just about come to a close, I took a step back and reflected on it. No place else in the world does something so awesome happen. Thousands of artists and fans, both independent and professional, up and coming and well experienced, spanning over several vastly different online communities, come together for a common purpose... to kick each other's collective asses with total visual carnage and furious might!... and to create something new and raise the bar for an industry that has endless potential.

For those of you out there who are just discovering this place, and may stumble upon this post. Fear not. This is a place of power and wisdom. Post on, you're gunna get a lot out of it.

Time to wrap this up, turn off the computer, box it up, ship it to Seattle. See ya on the other side gang. All your base are belong to us.

Replies