Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Critiques needed - for My Online Portfolio

hi guyz ,
Looking for Critiques for my portfolio n all my works in my website .... grin.gif

Replies

• Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    To crit the site itself: its good in my opinion, in terms of navigation its not too hard.
    only one thing seem strange why isnt the "3D art" section in your "portfolio" ?
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    Much improved since the last time you posted for critique.

I see your logo is still confusing to me, but maybe it's just me...we read from left to right and from up and down and and I still see it as 3D Dreamsin...

I think you should put the Dreamsin above the 3D, I said that last time you posted.. laugh.gif

And I'd ditch the dragonballz guy.. laugh.gif

And the barrels on your city scene still have many scale issues.

Much improved though..
  • Dreamsin3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks for ur Critiques Dekard...i still remember the comment u gave me in my previous post, i have used the logo in all my works as watermark...
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Don't understand the portfolio/3D arts thing either.

Also ... at first the folio gave me a great impression, that silhouette guy is stylish and cool. But then I bumped into the embroided logo ... and then the goku sketch. That kindof spoiled it for me, because these are bysically 3 different ways to present yourself. Why not just keeping only the one you like the most?

Good luck for what's up next!
  • Archanex
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Archanex polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah man, I'd lose the Goku sketch personally
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    OOP! I just realized I posted this in the wrong thread.

IGNORE ME>
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
    ditch the 'bio' and 'contact' sections sense they are blank.

the 'home' section is hardly necessary. if you insisted on keeping it at all, hyper-linking the text in your introduction text would be helpful; your name links to 'bio', "3d artist" links to '3d arts', "graphic designer" links to 'portfolio'. i'd imagine a home section would be dedicated to welcome peeps and give them an overview of what the site has to offer.

from the get go, i think it's needless to say anything more than "This is my name. This is what kind of artist I consider myself. This is a Gallery of my work."

the work you have in the 'portfolio' section of your site are much weaker in quality than the work you have in '3d arts'. better hope they click on '3d arts' first like i did.

the rest of this i would have deleted, as i had run out of steam to edit it and make sure it was helpful. but i figured it still might help. so i apologize for it:

so the work in 'portfolio'
    it's not really game work, you should clarify that. i'd make two portfolio sections if you are looking for game work and label them appropriately. make a graphic design website with your best graphic design works in a gallery. i don't really know much about graphic design, all i can say is that in this case, less is more.

and your '3d arts' section
    the car model piece seems pretty nice, you've done great with its presentation. the model work is meh, the seams, to me are sloppy. it's not constructed in a game engine friendly way, looks more illustrative or for cinematic purposes. the materials are okay. your reflectivity and glow in the break lights is extreme and distracting; that may be your goal.

this flash thing is annoying the crap out of me.

i can't go on like this, i'd say you'd want to cut the jasmine or change her face, it made me giggle as if she was making a funny face at me. and the gear and chain on your bike stood out as lazy to me.
  • Dreamsin3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks 4 ur comments robinson . it was more useful...n i have made the changes.... grin.gif
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    It's not bad, but for a straight portfolio site I really prefer something like sinistergfx website. It's just here is my work, have fun checking it out, and oh yeah here's a resume, etc. You have a lot of clutter up at the top that I'd streamline. I would kick it straight to the portfolio since that's why people are there. Add the home page in a few years that you can put news and stuff on for your friends & family to read. The flash image viewer is ok, if it was faster I'd like it more. But it's better than pop ups. Maybe another page opening is a way to go as well. Your header like I said is really busy, the guy on the left, tons of text and logo on the right it looks like you're a NASCAR or something with sponsorship. I'd just have some text and nothing else. Logos are fine for watermarks and little things like that. But don't get too hung up in branding. The color palette is working I think. It's subtle and not too crazy. The fan art Dragonballs or Naruto thing with the speech bubble has to go, unless you're 16 then it's great.

Anyways, hope that's not too harsh or whatever. Remember it's just my two cents so if think something is BS then just ignore it. But my rule of thumb with portfolio pieces and actual portfolio is that if I hear the same comments from two different people then I usually address them. Best of luck!
  • sinistergfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sinistergfx polycounter lvl 18
    Hmmm. Funny to see my website mentioned. Some of you may remember when it had a bit more stuff, but this is what I turned it into back when EA shut my studio down and I was in GET A JOB mode.

So yeah, if you want a job, just show your work and and that's about it. You don't need a clever design or clever wordage, your -work- should speak for itself. All that extraneous stuff to me just shows less confidence.
  • EggE
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EggE polycounter lvl 11
    i know others have touched on this but i just have to re-establish the point that you cant have three logos you cant,lol...um its not going to be goku because most people hate anime...so choose between the 3D one and the silhouette guy. i love the vehicle models i just wish there were specs and a wireframe render. princess jasmine looks alit'l off to me though...her right leg looks like its infront of the left one, oh and shes gray for some reason...nice work though.
  • Dreamsin3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks for the comment jeffro ...i agree with u for, sinistergfx website ...i have all text in my website for the sake of Search engine optimization , so portfolio will by found in search engines also like google, yahoo...etc...