Ruz
polycount lvl 666
Offline / Send Message
Ruz polycount lvl 666

Replies

• Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sounds cool, hopefully people will up for wearing a goofy contraption on their head, in the past those haven't gone over that well. Then again rock band and guitar hero are pretty popular.

[ QUOTE ]
    "If you laughed or felt happy after killing a character in a game then your virtual buddy could admonish you for being callous," she explained."

[/ QUOTE ] Now that would be fun, especially in a game where you have to make moral choices. Or maybe we could see a new class in fighting games, someone with true telekinetic powers heh.

I'm not sure it is as high tech as they want people to believe it sounds and looks more like a forehead motion reader.
    [ QUOTE ]
    facial expressions such as smile, laugh, wink, shock (eyebrows raised), anger (eyebrows furrowed); and cognitive actions such as push, pull, lift, drop and rotate (on six different axis).

[/ QUOTE ]
  • oobersli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oobersli polycounter lvl 17
    says it'll cost around 300 bucks.
  • pliang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pliang polycounter lvl 17
    Great, prolly we would have exorcism in games as well...
  • oobersli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fail...

[ QUOTE ]
    and does require gel on the scalp

[/ QUOTE ]
  • achmedthesnake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    achmedthesnake polycounter lvl 17
    "next-ubergen consoles will counter this new foray of gaming technology..." :like the Wii2 - in which the controller is ductaped to the players forehead.Revolutionary!

does not require gel to the forehead.
  • PolyHertz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PolyHertz polycount lvl 666
    Hah! I actually just saw this a few hours ago over at the north hall (GDC), didn't try it out though.
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    One of my computer science professors was talking about this today actually. He works in this field and he says that the greatest researchers in this field can right now at best only detect when you plan on moving one of your limbs. He said to be very skeptical of this, because companies often make claims like this saying they have pioneered some amazing technology that is far beyond what actually universities and researchers are at. You can usually tell it's bullshit when they don't release any technical info and their claims sound like a bunch of marketing crap.

He said he'll be the first one to buy it though if it's ever released tongue.gif
  • Mangled Poly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mangled Poly polycounter lvl 18
    yeah didnt seem to work to well and the game they were using it to was zzzzZZZZzzzz ..... I think its one of those cool tech things to see at a place like GDC. However there is no real practical use for it yet (if ever).
  • greenj2
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cool, but I think my fingers are faster than my brain. ooo.gif
  • oobersli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    maybe faster... but your imagination *brain* can go much farther than your hands laugh.gif

They might as well make a device that goes up ur anus and controls games based on muscle switching or movement of crap in ur digestive system. Then the whole idea of shoving a controller up someones ass when u get pissed can be a reality.
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tumerboy polycounter lvl 17
    what are you talking about!? I thought that was how you were SUPPOSED to use the Wii!?
  • Japhir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Japhir polycounter lvl 16
    sounds like fun, though al of the radiation can't be good for you... i mean, dentists leave the room while making a scan and now you would have this thing attached to your head all the time? (i know it's a different type of radiation, but it does use radiation anyhow)
  • Rob Galanakis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I tried out a brain controller at GDC (I think it was this one). It's implementation was pretty simple (basically read if you are meditating or attentive), but WOW was it fun. It really worked, which was amazing. At the end of the demo they had you try to raise an X-Wing out of a lake ala Star Wars, which was really tough to do... I tried concentrating on my breathing and relaxing and the thing only started to wiggle, I was about to give up, then I just shut down my body, stopped breathing, etc., and 5 seconds later I opened my eyes and the thing was in the air. It was really an experience in gaming unlike any other, using your brainwaves to play a game, I can't quite describe how cool it was.
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    sounds great Professor420 . The next step would be to control the wife with mind power. Somehow I think that is a challenge too far:)
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    At the end of the demo they had you try to raise an X-Wing out of a lake ala Star Wars, which was really tough to do...

[/ QUOTE ]

Do, or do not. There is no try...

Sounds pretty cool actually, but it would have to go a lot further to make it fun rather than a challenge.