Home General Discussion

lol umbrella chronicles

polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
ImSlightlyBored polycounter lvl 13
so I've been playing this game and apart from the ludicrous spin they've put on wesker and TOTAL lack of visible body damage on zombies (god damn I want to blow chunks off in a good way) its really quite fun.

But has anyone seen this - particularly the american players.
In the second raccoon city level, the subway, the first door you come to says
SHEFFIELD UNIVERSITY - DONAHUE BUILDING.
Now, I'm assuming this is incredibly sloppy texturing, right? Most uni's dont have subway stations...

And on this note, anyone ever found some really bad texturing in any other games? Not just from a tech point of view, but from the position that.. it really shouldnt be there?

Replies

• MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Haha, that's pretty funny smile.gif
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    In one of the GTA games(actually, it might have been True Crime, I dont recall exactly), I'm pretty sure I remember seeing one street that had two "ONE WAY" signs, pointing oppossite directions.
  • odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    After paying a small fortune for a 1080p TV and playing games in pure 1080p bliss, I was horrified to go back to my Wii to play this game. While I dont usually find the Wii that bad at all graphics wise (Metroid still looks awesome), I just couldn't believe wat I was looking at with RE:UC. It was just wrong, textures were stretched over a 90 foot wall with what looks like a 64x64 assest, the colour was probably 16bit, and if you even had the slightest thing going on, the game chugged along at what must be the lowest frame rate I've played a game in for a while.

It was a bit of a miss for me. I beat it, because I had to see that last little chapter, but to me it was like Paul W. Anderson made the game... It just seemed to miss out 90% of the backstory and make it up as it went along.

Oh and it was fucking impossible later in the game on hard...
  • Illusions
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Illusions polycounter lvl 18
    A lot of major cities in the US that have universities do have subway stops labeled after the university. Columbia University, and Hunter College have it here in NYC, and I believe Harvard and MIT have it in Boston. So, not that uncommon.

As for the other thing, plenty of times. Like metal bullet holes in wood or plaster.
  • ImSlightlyBored
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ImSlightlyBored polycounter lvl 13
    aaah, maybe theres a sheffield after all, in the fictional city of Raccoon. No doubt thats how gamefaqs would explain it.

Odium: totally agree on everything! The colour is terrible (though it was pretty bad in RE:4 as well, I thought) and the framerate is incredible in its... badness. Some parts of the game do look good; theres a staircase in the PD thats quite nice for wii, but its all hit and miss in quality.
    Despite all this I still do really like playing the game though, I find it fun if you ignore story.

Storywise, I think thats been RE as a whole though; make things up as they go along.

Cant remember anything specific in true crime games, though it does sound like somehting they'd do.
  • odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    One more thing that annoyed me... The game is widescreen, with a widescreen ration, but its shrunk on the one axis, making the crosshair and anything round, squashed... Big black bars down the side... WHY?!?!
  • Xenobond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xenobond polycounter lvl 18
    Maybe you should have spent less small of a fortune on your tele? Haven't had the squishies show up while I was playing on either hd set at home or at work. No super low framerate parts, either. Maybe a problem with the PAL release then.
  • odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    Are you playing in 480p with the expensive componet cables to get the best picture, or just the bog standard Wii cables which look awful? People who use the standard Wii cables or cheaper component cables dont seem to get the FPS judder.

Plus I'm hardly going to feel bad about buying a LE40M86BD which works flawlessly in everything, be it game, upscaled DVD, 360, PS3 or Wii, just because a single game doesn't run that smooth.
  • Xenobond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xenobond polycounter lvl 18
    Maybe I'll play it again. Haven't tried it since I got the wii zapper thing. And yes, playing it at 480p on a Samsung as well (56", though).