Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Scarecrow_(big image)

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Warhawk polycounter lvl 18
Hey guys!

Here is my latest work, that I did for Cgtalk Strange behaviour contest. It is not exactly game related, but still it was a fun practice. Here is the story.

Because of the polluted water in the nearby area the crows have mutated. The environment filled with radiation caused the birds to become aggressive. So they wreak their anger upon nearby scarecrow, who frightened them. Scarecrow tries to escape, but it is stuck in the mud. The rest is your own imagination smile.gif

I Hope you like it.

fullimg.jpg

Replies

• John Warner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    John Warner polycounter lvl 18
    golden mean!

nice stuff man, cool scene. looks good smile.gif
  • snake85027
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snake85027 polycounter lvl 18
    that looks awesome,love the detail, you should do some kind of short animation,very cool
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    Good image. I like reds and greens. Nice work.
  • pliang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pliang polycounter lvl 17
    The look on that scarecrow's face : Priceless
  • Silva_Spoon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Silva_Spoon polycounter lvl 18
    I love it! I hope to have my Pitt character in a still image as successful as this.
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    really cool image.

can I ask you a question? Im about to make a bird for my film somewhat like yours, and I was wondering, were you able to rig the wings so that they can naturally fold up against its body like a real bird? If so, lemee see plz.
  • Mtg_kirin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    love the industrial touch in the backgground. Great image
  • conte
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    conte polycounter lvl 18
    love it, atmosphere+composition+expression
    A++
  • Warhawk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Warhawk polycounter lvl 18
    Sorry for the late replay. I have been very busy lately.Thanx everyone for the kind words. They really mean a lot to me.

snake85027: Thanx man. Making the animation would be major pain in the ass. I had like 100 layers in photoshop, just to make the image. It would be hard to achieve this kind of level of details, for the whole animation. And also the final resolution was 2296*3450 px so it was allready pain in the ass rendering at such resolution. But it was fun experience. And I will definitely be doing another illustration.

pliang: Thanx man. I played a lot with expressions on the character. I am happy that you like it.

Silva_Spoon: I am glad you like it. You are already on a good way towards great image with your Pitt character. I think it is amaizing model so far. And I can't wait to see him to be finished. It will help a lot, if you would make some sort of story and incorporate him into a picture. Making the image with story, will give a lot of credibility to your caharacter and thus more secesfull image. Good luck.

aesir: Thank you for the kind words. Unfortunately I have to dissapoint you in the animation part. Since the birds are only still image, I used lattice tool to deform the wings easier. And move some vertices to get the wing into such position. I don't have much experiances with animating. Sorry.

Here is url for some WIP images if anyone is interested.

WIP_Scarecrow_thread
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tulkamir polycounter lvl 18
    Man, this is fantastic. The kind of piece that really inspires. smile.gif

Great job man, and thanks for posting the thread with your progress on it there. Nice to see some of your workflow.
  • danpants
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danpants polycounter lvl 14
    Nice work overall composition flows nicely. The color works well overall. The only thing that I might have changed is the power plant. To me it looks kind of flat on the edges might just be me. Nice work. Your CG image looks much better and more color.