Home General Discussion

Narnia 2

LordScottish
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
LordScottish polycounter lvl 18
I wonder what the movie is going to be like, since prince caspian is one of the books I enjoyed the least. The costume design looks fabulous and I look forward to the special effects again. What do you think. Trailer:

http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/narnia/

Replies

• MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, Prince Caspian was a great story. I hope they make the movie a little more gritty (since the book kinda was too!), I thought the first movie was far too "clean and happy", just felt a bit forced to me. It wasn't bad, but it never really felt very immersive or believable since it seemed nobody ever actually got dirty at all tongue.gif

Trailer looks fairly cool.
  • Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
    looks like it'll be a fun flick, I'll be sure to see it. Though I wonder if they'll still be covering the Voyage of the Dawn Treader in this one.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    I don't see why they would, that was a completely different book. Unless it was announced that they were planning on it, but that sounds like a weird step to take if they did. Voyage of the Dawn Treader was definitely my favourite book out of the series though, so I hope they do make it eventually.
  • Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
    I could swear the title was originally Prince Caspian and the Voyage of the Dawn Treader...must have had it wrong at IMDB when I first read about it.
  • thomasp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    kid actors meet cg talking animals in a family-friendly LOTR/potter-inspired book adaption, all under the creative hood of a big-budget-no-risk-please production? - what could possibly go wrong?
    will be a fun flick for the 12-year olds, i'm sure. laugh.gif
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    The battles in these movies now remind me of the "imagination land" South Park episodes. What other movie do you see an epic battle with beavers, centaurs, phoenixs, and pre-teens who learned to fight five minutes ago!?