Home General Discussion

Report issues with the model archives here

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Vito polycounter lvl 18
This thread is only for reporting errors on individual model archive pages. Posts should read something like:

The rating scores for the Quake 2 Undead Warrior don't look like all the other models'.

Or perhaps:

The Quake 2 models Alien and Sailor Moon have "related links" sections, but don't have "related links" headings. The original model pages don't have "related links" headings either.

This is not a "where are the model archives" or a "the model archives are ugly" or a "where is old model X" or a "how do I get old model X in modern game Y" thread. Please don't start threads like those; models will be back online as soon I can get them back online, and the model search engine will be back after all the models are back.

Thanks!

Replies

• pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Hi there. First off I wanted to say it's nice to see that up. It has an incredible sweet retro factor to it and actually makes me want to reinstall q2!

As for errors on the pages here is what I have so far :

Sydney 4th and 6th image dont show up
    Sauron 3rd image doesnt show up
    Voodoo 1st image
    Terminator 5th 7th
    Alita 4th
    Optimus 3rd
    Kanga 3rd
    Sligg 3rd
    Brain Bucket 1st
    Tekkaman 6th 8th 9th
    Undead 1st
    Sailor Moon 4th 6th 7th
    Tac 5th 7th 8th
    @ 2nd
    ... didnt check the other ones. Also I dont know if it's because of a cache issue on the crap computer I am on right now or if the image links are indeed broken.

I know this is not about the looks of the page but ... is something on its way? The huge fonts and colors really feel amateurish. Now that the golden material is coming back it would be nice to have something more appealing, I think these s deserve it. Nothing fancy, just something clean and simple. Anyways there's no hurry about that.

Thanks for the work V! Good luck with the rest.

Edit - also got a couple fileplanet pages showing up when going back up to the main q2 s page, rather annoying.

Edit2 - chacked the pages with Firefox, the missing images are stil missing but FF fills in the missing space hence it doesnt look like pics are missing, even if they are :P
  • Keg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Keg polycounter lvl 18
    Morbo/Brawn shows up twice
  • Vito
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vito polycounter lvl 18
    Okay, I've fixed all the broken images that pior noted, and gotten rid of the Morbo/Brawn dupe that Keg found. Thanks!

The changes will be reflected when I upload the next batch, probably tonight sometime.

I did not go through those pages to look for any other errors, however. Please to be continuing your lookings.

Yes, "something" regarding the looks is on the way, but I wouldn't think it would be put in place until all the models are back and standardized, because otherwise it would have to be redone more than once.