Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Portfolio site updated.

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
stoofoo polycounter lvl 18
Hey guys, a great tide of cleanup has gone over my site--I updated with a lot of new work and tossed some old stuff that was not becoming. It's nice to have a little time off to get some things up, really. Tell me what you think?

Updated portfolio!

Replies

• cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    Muy good, stoofoo.

Any way you can default your best piece to be on that empty gallery start page? I think that would be swell.
  • stoofoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sure, I could do that. Why don't you make a suggestion as to what I should put in there? Truth be told the "gallery" is remnants of the old design I had which was a thumbnail page. It's sorta not necesary anymore.
  • penrod
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    penrod polycounter lvl 14
    I like either fishyface or the zombie prototype characters for the front page. I think the zombie characters might fill the space a bit better, but the fishyface is pretty dang sweet too. Also, i didn't read through the entire site, but i noticed some grammar errors on fishyfaces description. diggin the work on the site, good job man!
  • Sa74n
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sa74n polycounter lvl 18
    nice stuff there. i don't really like the way you show off your textures tho. it just doesn't reveal enough of them. art is of good quality its just that the presentation is a bit awkward.
  • TWilson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TWilson polycounter lvl 18
    Good stuff dude.

The second page of the gallery may not be obvious enough.
  • pliang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pliang polycounter lvl 17
    In regards to the post about posting the textures... I think a conventional way of showing off the textures at full size instead of just snippets will make it so much easier to look at...they look well done but just a piece of it makes it hard to make out.
  • stoofoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Did a bit of pruning and grammar pass. Changed the resume a bit and changed the front page to having fishy loaded. I also did a render of her as opposed to the max viewport shader and did a bunch of cleanup on her textures.

Sa74n(for the record, i type your name 30 times before i got it right and i had to look at it on the left. hehehehe): I'll try and do them a bit more like the western units pages. I was playing with different ways of showing things without posting entire flats. Hopefully I can make them a bit less awkward. Thanks for the feedback.

Tyler: thanks. I've been made aware of that second page being a problem by a few people. Any thoughts on how I might call it out a bit better that doesnt make it a focal point? I also do not want to drastically redo the layout at this point. HTML and me are not buddies. =P Btw, i looked at your site and saw all that bully stuff--I actually really wish bully stuck with that style. I saw the assets in the art tree when we first started working on it, and i was bummed. Its funny to look at the textures from the actual shipped characters though--theres a lot of your texture work still in there. =P

Pliang: I know that conventionally showing them at true res and not snippets would be ideal. But these are not MY assets. they are vivendis for the most part. I'm not going to post full texture pages like I said in the ee3 thread. The question is i guess would you rather not see any texture, or just some snippets? I'm open to thoughts on the matter.
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    on resume, in maddoc, 7th bullet you've got an incomplete sentence. The suspense!!!!! aaaaahhhhhh

that wraith is badass to the max.

@ flats, id remove the quatered/split image stuff shown; and include specs of the textures if you're not going to show the entire thing. I agree that you shouldn't show flats for non-personal works; but showing a little bit is a tease! smile.gif

cool stuff man! that zombie stuff is hillariously cool smile.gif

only other minor comment would be to move the site to the root of your domain :P
  • Sage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sage polycounter lvl 19
    Joe don't show the textures at all, and play it safe, now it comes off as a tease. Love the update. Great work as usual.

Alex