Home Technical Talk

New makehuman!

Makehuman 0.9.1 RC1 came out a couple of days ago - my favorite blueprinting software! I use it to create base meshes around and draw blueprints on top of printouts, extremely useful piece of tech!

web page

Replies

• Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    the screenshots they choose to display are not... encouraging.
  • Richard Kain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Richard Kain polycounter lvl 18
    Impressive, the interface is looking considerably cleaned up since the last iteration. I've used this program myself, and found it absolutely fabulous for prototyping characters. Naturally, you wouldn't want to use it for your final low-poly mesh. Nothing beats the old-fashioned methods for low-poly and edge loop optimization. But Make Human is a perfect tool for tweaking the base mesh for a high-poly sculpt, for instance. It gives you everthing you need to generate a humanoid character very quickly, while still giving you a decent degree of flexibility.

Because of how quick it makes base mesh generation, its also great for anyone working on background assets. (ie, characters to fill in the background of an environment scene, machinima characters, etc...)
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
    wut!? poseengine.jpg = encouraging!
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    you erased her bewbs!
  • leilei
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    leilei polycounter lvl 14
    [ QUOTE ]
    the screenshots they choose to display are not... encouraging.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget: this is a Free open source program worked on by programmers and artists in their spare time over the course of 6 years. You can freely contribute to the project if you feel it could be improved. smile.gif