Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Website update with stuff from uncharted.

dkorch
polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
dkorch polycounter lvl 17
Long time no hi, well we just wraped up production with uncharted. and I finaly got around to updating my website with stuff that I worked on from this project...go take a peak, and let me know what ya think.

www.dkorch.com

crits and comments always welcome, however I cant really do anything with the crits, but hey its good to hear them anyhow.

thanks.

edit: o and I was a texture artist on this project...so besides geo tweaks. the models were created by the amazing artists here at NaughtyDog, and I did the texture/shader work.

Replies

• gamedev
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gamedev polycounter lvl 12
    Nice work Darcy. You did a great job w/ the spec and all the mud on the vehicles. Congrats. Now go update your damn resume.

-t
  • pliang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pliang polycounter lvl 17
    Every new web page I open says: "Untitled Document" you should prolly name those web pages so that is more consistent.

Nice items though
  • cyborgguineapig
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cyborgguineapig polycounter lvl 14
    Hey Darcy some really great stuff dude. Its really inspiring to see where you were with your skills at school and how far you've come since working at ND. Looking at your new stuff, I couldn't help but notice a little inconsistency with the quality of your materials on a few of the models and feel the mud also could have used a little tweaking further to look that more convincing but overall its all really great and can't wait to see what you jump on next.
  • Armanguy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Armanguy polycounter lvl 17
    Awesome work bro,stuff like this make me love what i do and hopefully soon i migh be able to break into the industry my self.
  • Spug
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spug polycounter lvl 12
    really great stuff...congrats
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    Hey Darcy Congrats man. Haven't talked with ya in a while. Anyways things look good man.

I know you can't do much about it but a lot of the models seem flat. Are they using normal maps? Some stuff just seems really inconsistent as far as the detail goes.

Did you guys build high poly models to get the normals from?

Same crits for everything else though but honestly man nice work and congrats again.

• Spark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spark polycounter lvl 18
    Some great work there:) and got a chance to see some of the characters on zbrushcentral from the game. Everything looks awesome, and really only one of the few titles on the PS3 that I am considering buying (xmas gift for myself) Thanks for sharing.

Spark
  • Keg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Keg polycounter lvl 18
    Really like the ivory handle on the gold gun.
  • Em.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Em. polycounter lvl 17
    Love the texturing/shader on the metalic idols and such, damn sexy. Congrats!
  • cay030
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cay030 polycounter lvl 18
    dkorch, excellent stuff . My 2 favorites are the Red jeep and the Grenade Launcher, and the Gaem looks great i wanna play this game soon !!!. Great layout, no props man,looks great.
  • HandSandwich
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HandSandwich polycounter lvl 18
    Hey Darcy, good work man! I just finished the game about a week ago and it was a trip to see you in the company pictures. Really nice work though.
  • dkorch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks all, I really appreciate it!

tyler: haha yea I gotta do that...I lost the main file though so I gotta rewrite the whole thing:( but thanks man.

pliang: yea, thats just my top secret web coding so the cia can never catch me!

cory: thanks man, and yea ill defrinatly keep that in mind next time around...

spug: thanks, I appreciate it...was a fun project.

Jesse: thanks, and yea most all of them are using normal maps pulled from high rez models...it could just be the lighting, all these were just screen grabs from maya which is pretty much what they would look like in game. but will definatly push them more next time around.

Spark: thanks man. yea the character team here did a great job, and really great/knowledgable people to work with. was really pleased on how it came out.'

keg: thanks dude...yea that was a fun piece to work on...bling is just so amusing to make lol.

ogle: mucho grassy ass

cay: thanks, and yea go pick it up! but really though, its a pretty great game, I mean after you play somthing a thousand times over, and you still have fun with it...I think you have somthing special...couldnt have asked for a better first project.

will: haha, thanks man...did you see the pirate picture?
  • Baddcog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Baddcog polycounter lvl 9
    I like all that misc 3d stuff, some cool treasures there.

The models and textures are top notch.
  • Travytrav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    darcy, I remember you from school... I thought you were in the interior design program.... oh shit, wrong darcy... looks nice man. I love it, i like the layout, and I miss you lets go snowboarding with the other darcy.
    -Travis
  • dkorch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    is the other darcy hot? if so, I totally wanna hook up with her lol...o and go find that swedish girl too! go travy trav go!

o btw, my finger is officialy a mustache soldier now.
    haha, anyways thanks dude!

Baddcog: thanks man, yea the modelers here are pretty insane!