Offline / Send Message
    MikeF polycounter lvl 19
    haha exactly what i was thinking.
    god, john goodman, what happened?
  • Cybroxide
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cybroxide polycounter lvl 17
    wow im pumped i really want to see this!
  • J Randall
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    J Randall polycounter lvl 15
    what the matrix guys run out of ideas? high production fanboys unleashed, what next a live action vampire hunter D?
  • snemmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snemmy polycounter lvl 18
    hehe, seriously.. were you expecting something serious? laugh.gif

looks goodbad with a little badong...
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    I was a speed racer fan when I was a kid. Looking forward to this, actually.
  • nitzmoff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nitzmoff polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    I was a speed racer fan when I was a kid. Looking forward to this, actually.

[/ QUOTE ]

We were actually talking about this at lunch. I'm not being an idiot here, but what were you a fan of exactly? Speed Racer was a car, a catchy intro song and a monkey. There was almost nothing to that show whatsoever. I think it really shows in the trailer for this film. It's about a guy that drives a car... fast. It's just a brand, nothing more.

I like Batman quite a bit, but I'd never pay money to watch a fat guy in a Batman tee shirt run around a parking lot to the theme song.

I kind of see this movie as the same thing. And again, not being a jerk, just puzzled by it all.
  • pliang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pliang polycounter lvl 17
    I think I will look into it anyways instead of putting it off.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    I grew up with a family that liked racing, nitz. My uncle was a speed freak that way. I grew to liking the show, since he watched it all the time. Yeah, there's not a lot of plot to it, but it's something that brings back childhood memories. I'd see it for nostalgic purposes alone. smile.gif
  • Asmuel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asmuel polycounter lvl 17
    Hated this as a kid, probably because it was very old compared to what else was on at the time. Cartoons have matured quite a bit since the days of Speed Racer, ironically. They're developing the game for the movie local to me, though I'm not involved.
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    the cartoon sucked, but this looks like it might be pretty good. all depends.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    We're sorry, the clip you are trying to play is not currently available in your area.

[/ QUOTE ]Region coded advertising eh. How innovative.
  • Spug
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spug polycounter lvl 12
    [ QUOTE ]
    what the matrix guys run out of ideas?

[/ QUOTE ]
    I love the fact that the Warchowski brothers are such bad directors that they cannot even produce a movie that is ORIGINAL...old news, but needs to be revisited.

What a joke
  • Kraftwerk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kraftwerk polycounter lvl 19
    And i seriously thought Uwe Boll makes the worst movies...
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    I don't know what to feel.
    I never watched the show, but I can't help but feel as though this is another precious 80's show being thrown into the corporate cash machine. They could have just as easily made a racing movie without the speed racer brand name, and entirely skipped raping the childhood of many viewers. But then again, that just wouldn't be the movie industry, would it?
  • Cybroxide
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cybroxide polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]
    I'm not being an idiot here, but what were you a fan of exactly? Speed Racer was a car, a catchy intro song and a monkey. There was almost nothing to that show whatsoever.

[/ QUOTE ]

uh helloooo you seem to be forgetting racer X! Lol!
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wow... that looked bad...

obviously, the compositing effects aren't final... I hope.

I just don't know what kind of style they're going for.

never liked the cartoon as a kid either.
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    I love the fact that the Warchowski brothers are such bad directors that they cannot even produce a movie that is ORIGINAL...old news, but needs to be revisited.

What a joke

[/ QUOTE ]
    you do know she lost that right? she didn't even bother to show up for the preliminary hearing.
  • Spug
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spug polycounter lvl 12
    Stewart, a New Yorker who has resided in Salt Lake City for the past five years, will recover damages from the films, The Matrix I, II and III, as well as The Terminator and its sequels. She will soon receive one of the biggest payoffs in the history of Hollywood, as the gross receipts of both films and their sequels total over 2.5 billion dollars.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Link for the those outside the US.
    http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/movie/speed_racer/trailers/5620
    They really needed to make this more tongue in cheek. The whole oh-so-serious delivery is completely at odds with the rest of the movie with its bright colours, bizarre tracks, costumes and haircuts.

The game tie in could be some fun though.
  • Slipstream
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slipstream polycounter lvl 19
    I find the last lines of the trailer somewhat ironic
  • Spug
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spug polycounter lvl 12
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What a joke

[/ QUOTE ]
    you do know she lost that right? she didn't even bother to show up for the preliminary hearing.

[/ QUOTE ]

damn, you are right.

man...she is dumb
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    I like how on her website, in the bio, it says "Master writer in all genres" and various things like that, even though she's only published like one book.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Peter Jackson won an Oscar for directing The Return of the King, Francis Ford Coppola won twice for directing Apocalypse Now and The Godfather... none of those were ORIGINAL. If Peter Jackson returns to direct The Hobbit, I guess that will mean he's run out of ideas, too tongue.gif
  • Spug
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spug polycounter lvl 12
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Peter Jackson won an Oscar for directing The Return of the King, Francis Ford Coppola won twice for directing Apocalypse Now and The Godfather... none of those were ORIGINAL. If Peter Jackson returns to direct The Hobbit, I guess that will mean he's run out of ideas, too tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

All of those directors admit that they used someone's book, and made it into a movie. George Lucas did not receive a Academy Award for best director, and he made some of the most original, highest grossing movies of all time. The Warchowski brothers STOLE someone's idea, and get all this credit for it. shocked.giftongue.gif
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
    have any of you guys even read her total crap script "The Third Eye" she wrote? it is nothing like the matrix or terminator, has some similar themes but it is the biggest pile of trash i have ever read in my life. the only similarities is that a lead character is called "the one" and there are robots involved.. but considering how much the matrix sucked i can she how she wanted some royalties. "hey this is complete crap! just like the script i wrote was complete crap! somebody owes me some money."

i don't really know what you guys expected, actually the trailer looks far better than what i thought the Wachowski's would of come up with. seems they are getting better at film making, dosent mean that they are good by any means. If your going to remake ancient anime, remake gigantor or astro boy, those shows were actually awesome.

lets get ready for some car-fu!
  • low odor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    low odor polycounter lvl 17
    I like the warchowski Bros. I think they botched the last 2 matrix movies..but I liked the first Movie, Bound, and V for Vendetta. I think it's great they are trying to keep the same color pallette as the cartoon...reminds me of the Dick Tracy Movie
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    astro boy is being remade, arsh, the guys that made the recent tmnt movie are doing it.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

All of those directors admit that they used someone's book, and made it into a movie. George Lucas did not receive a Academy Award for best director, and he made some of the most original, highest grossing movies of all time. The Warchowski brothers STOLE someone's idea, and get all this credit for it. shocked.giftongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Lucas isn't what I would call original - he essentially took some Joseph Campbell's theories and some of Akira Kurosawa's plot devices and turned them into a Flash Gordon movie. I'll give him props for original execution, but that's true of The Matrix, too. And like Arsh said, the story they allegedly stole... well, it's also supposedly been stolen for the Terminator flicks. I assume you've seen both The Matrix and Terminator, yeah? Aside from humans vs. machines (not a new idea), they don't much look like they're using the same story.

Wachowski brothers didn't pioneer any new great ideas, but I think they put a lot of existing stuff together in a new enough way to make it their own.
  • Irritant
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Irritant polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    I don't know what to feel.
    I never watched the show, but I can't help but feel as though this is another precious 80's show being thrown into the corporate cash machine. They could have just as easily made a racing movie without the speed racer brand name, and entirely skipped raping the childhood of many viewers. But then again, that just wouldn't be the movie industry, would it?

[/ QUOTE ]

80's? More like late 60's/early 70's. I remember watchiing this as a very young kid in the early 70's.