Home General Discussion

QUAKE Wars SDK released!

MoP
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
MoP polycounter lvl 18
At risk of sounding like a broken record, here's an ETQW SDK beta release announcement!

For any modders who may still exist out there, there's a bunch of fun stuff that can be attained quite easily now ... custom MegaTextured terrain, modded (or all-new!) vehicles, completely custom maps, etc. etc.
There's tutorials for all of those in our new wiki too.

Official announcement and beta SDK downloads:
http://community.enemyterritory.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17765

QUAKE Wars mod wiki (with a whole bunch of tutorials and pretty much everything about everything):
http://wiki.splashdamage.com/index.php/Enemy_Territory:_QUAKE_Wars

This SDK also contains pretty much all the mapobject models used in ETQW, some of them are pretty cool and worth a look. To reduce download size it's just the raw models included, all of their textures are in DDS form on the ETQW retail DVD.

Needless to say you will need a retail copy of ETQW to be able to use the SDK fully.

Replies

• leilei
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    leilei polycounter lvl 14
    [ QUOTE ]
    This SDK also contains pretty much all the mapobject models used in ETQW,

[/ QUOTE ]
    right, time to fix the awful uv scaling on the Valley bridge
  • rollin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rollin polycounter
    can someone tell me, how this freakn renderbump works, if i can´t set up a rendercage??

i´m wondering since doom3 and don´t want to touch it ooo.gif
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    renderbump just casts rays from the lowpoly mesh to a maximum range defined by the trace fraction.

"-trace 0.1" means that it will cast rays to 10% of the size of the object. So if you have a box which is 64 units in all axes then it will cast rays out to 6.4 units from the lowpoly surface.

It doesn't use a "cage" at all.
  • rollin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rollin polycounter
    but if this works properly, then why i make a cage in max??

or does is just works poprerly for simple stuff like the demo-box?

do i have to split my model in "useable-peaces" more than in max?
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    what do you mean, why make a cage in max? i never said you need to make a cage in max smile.gif
    it just works properly in most cases. obviously it's tricky to fix stuff like "wavy edges" on the caps of cylinders but i don't see it happening much.
    you should still split up complex models if you want to avoid traces going through close or overlapping parts of geometry. if you've split up the model in max for baking purposes, that should be fine for renderbump too, you shouldn't have to split it up any more.
  • rollin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rollin polycounter
    youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu said it .. wink.gif

ok thx.. thats what i wanted to know!!
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    tenten_etqw.jpg

just testing some stuff...
    might rig her up to the player skeleton if the proportions aren't too different, see what happens...
  • rollin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rollin polycounter
    oh mop.. bc you post this pic

are the normalmaps made with renderbump ?
    does qw-et support max rendered nm´s? (without problems at the uv-edges)
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    rollin: these normals were done using XNormal a while back, but it seems to work fine in the game. Renderbump normals will always be more accurate than Max normals in-game, but for a lot of objects (especially more organic ones) the normals will probably look fine from Max.

Per: Unfortunately it's pretty complex to get a PPM working in ETQW, especially since the only gametype is team-based and class-based, so there's no real scope for "custom players" per person. No deathmatch mode either.

I'd like to explore this avenue and make it easier to get a model in (we have released the Maya skeleton files for the animations, so if you use Maya it should be fairly easy to get a character rigged up to that, but Max users are out of luck at the moment).

Static meshes and simple animated models are easy enough, but a full PPM is a lot of work.