Home General Discussion

Not announced projects vs job hunting

Por@szek
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Por@szek polycounter lvl 18
Hi lads, was a while i wasn't posting, hope I will be able to do so soon. But back to the subject.
I'm in some kind personal dilemma.
I'm working on a project that prolly will be announced in February, but I'm hmm let me say "disapointed" on company policy and yer yer yer all this bs. So how it looks from the moral/industrial side to show in attachment to other company my works i made for this one I'm working on atm and project is not announced. This is kind a big thing, so I'm curious , to w8 till announcement, or how the other companies can look at this, I don;t want to be miss credited cos I show something (not saying about online portfolio, forum or else, more as an attachment to email).

I never was in such a situation so I'm asking for an advice.
(hope its a good part of forum to post it here).

Cheers and ty in advance.

Replies

• pliang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pliang polycounter lvl 17
    Had to read it five times to figure out what you were saying...you said you wanted to be somewhere else since the project you worked on hasn't been announced yet?

I'd prolly hold onto it for a little while more.

You could always hold a press conference if you're considering leave....
  • spacemonkey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    spacemonkey polycounter lvl 18
    Since its unannounced I would say avoid showing it... to just anyone wink.gif
    Unless its starwars of course...
  • Por@szek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rotfl , English is not my 1st language sorry for making so hard to read i will make it straight :
    Game I'm working on is not announced, I;m considering leaving before announcement, how the law, other companies can look on person showing stuff before announcement.

Lol Tim - Unless its starwars of course... - U got the point ...
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    I would say use your discretion and don't post about your intentions on a public forum
  • BoBo_the_seal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BoBo_the_seal polycounter lvl 18
    You should always try to avoid showing art from projects that you haven’t received permission to release yet. Especially in public forums and on your website. With that said, if the work you’ve done for this company is the only work you have, that is representative of your skill set, show the work as an attachment in your email to companies you are applying to, but do not say what the art is for and do not disclose details of the unannounced game.

- BoBo
  • Por@szek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thx folks for replies.
    Industry knowledge - lvl up smile.gif
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    It also might serve you well to actually read NDA you signed when you got the job. It will tell you your legal boundaries on what you can do with stuff like that. Chances are pretty good that it's all-encompassing, and you cant show anything to anyone, but its worth looking at.
  • spacemonkey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    spacemonkey polycounter lvl 18
    Yes, my response was a vague.. but I meant that I think that on the subject of nda materials never post them on the web, and only send them in direct applications if you feel its the most representative of your skill.
    But because this game is unannounced.. be careful to respect the ip holders so don't label the work to suggest what the game might be! wink.gif