• nacire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nacire polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]
    hey hawken , just for you :

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=macs_cant

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, that is the first time I've seen that Maddox page! Too funny.

As far as Mac and PC, I own both. I have an older powerMac g4 and a g3 ibook. The pc I built myself and after having done so, I'm not sure I'll ever own another Mac unless I have lots of money to blow.
  • sonic
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
    I'm not a mac user, probably never will be. But i think this whole thread is very ironic. Hawken post some pretty interesting news about computers, everyone jacks the thread and turns it into a max suxzorz so bad and their users are douche bags thread. I do feel sorry for Hawken and Rick, both great artist and contributing users to the comunity, also mac users who have never been dicks about being mac users, just mac users. Every time they even mention macs they are laughed at or shit on in some way.

oh well i guess you guys brought it on yourselves for not being windows users..
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    arsh, it's kind of a apply brag thread to begin with. Anything "new" is going to sell like hotcakes. Vista sold a hell of a lot when it first launched, then it dropped off some. Happens for any product. But the fact that it has beaten out the almighty Microsoft for a 6 day stretch, seems to make it newsworthy?..
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did I mention that Linux is superior to both Windows and anything apple has ever created? tongue.gif

Can't believe how people who actually realize that they are Bill Gates bitch are happy to switch to Macs just to be Job's bitch all over again confused.gif

Haha that said, I agree that those damn Linux fanatics who want to evangelize everyone to use "their" operating system really suck (including me for posting this) tongue.gif
  • okkun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    okkun polycounter lvl 18
    Awesome website. Shit I just got an iPhone, I got robbed..
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
  • Ferg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
  • okkun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    okkun polycounter lvl 18
    I think I still have my amiga 500 in a box somewhere. That thing still had the best mouse ever made.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
  • nacire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nacire polycounter lvl 17
    Actually I love my macs. I just think they are a bit pricey for what you get. After personally building a pc and seeing what I could do for my money, it's just hands down the best way to get performance per dollar.
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tulkamir polycounter lvl 18
    Hmmm, quite interesting. Doesn't really say much for the long run of things, and the articles were convulated as hell for something that should be far simpler to get across, but still, quite intersting. smile.gif
  • Ryno
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ryno polycounter lvl 18
    So a newly released OS outsold one that's been out for a year for one month in 2007? OK, no too surprising seeing as how everyone who wanted to jump on the Vista bandwagon has already done so while the rest of us wait for a service pack update and software developers to catch up compatibility-wise.

The OS I could care less about, as long as it will run my apps with stability. I mean, how much time do people actually spend screwing around with OS features anyway? It is really just a platform to run apps from. If Photoshop and my 3d apps run at work, and my video editing package and games run with stability at home, I'm totally satisfied.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    [ QUOTE ]
    Hawken post some pretty interesting news about computers, everyone jacks the thread and turns it into a max suxzorz so bad and their users are douche bags thread. I do feel sorry for Hawken and Rick, both great artist and contributing users to the comunity, also mac users who have never been dicks about being mac users, just mac users.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's quite interesting to see the reactions I guess. Actually I didn't write anything, but it still attracted the mac haters beating their chests furiously. There are a few reasons I can't go back to using windows, the main one being it's just not multilingual in the same way osx is.

Anyway, fantastic news for the underdog, considering the gargantuan userbase disparity
  • vahl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vahl polycounter lvl 18
    Isn't one of the main reason for using a mac the fact that all the visual production industries except videogames (and maybe movies ? though I'm pretty sure they work on unix OS not windows) are using macs ?
    I remember when I started working I spent some time in an advertising company and asked them about the whole Mac thing and that's what they replied : "everyone uses it, makes life easier for us to work all on the same platform".

and honestly, who fucking cares about what OS one or another is using, as long as the job gets done and meets the quality requirements, those are just tools guys, it's like arguing which pencil is the best, just a matter of taste.

never got that stupid war thing, probably will never get it anyways, I'm not too much into macs, but I like their designs, find the ads funny and like their ipods.
  • Snowfly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snowfly polycounter lvl 18
    which is exactly why macs haven't penetrated the games industry. it could happen soon when id tech 5 gains a little more ground, but only as test platforms. as development tools...probably not.

girls love macbooks!
  • vahl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vahl polycounter lvl 18
  • pliang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pliang polycounter lvl 17
    I would use a mac, for what macs are able to do...
  • super_villain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    super_villain polycounter lvl 11
    Agree with above posts. As long as your work looks good, doesn't matter what os it is.
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    I'm not a mac user, probably never will be. But i think this whole thread is very ironic. Hawken post some pretty interesting news about computers, everyone jacks the thread and turns it into a max suxzorz so bad and their users are douche bags thread. I do feel sorry for Hawken and Rick, both great artist and contributing users to the comunity, also mac users who have never been dicks about being mac users, just mac users. Every time they even mention macs they are laughed at or shit on in some way.

[/ QUOTE ]

haven't you ever seen the random posts made by hawken in other threads where he has nothing significant to contribute to the discussion other than "get a mac", or "a mac wouldn't do that." thats why I responded that way, not too sure about anyone else
  • Smirnoffka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Smirnoffka polycounter lvl 17
    I don't care at all.

6.jpg

'...... Fucking dock menu.......'
  • snemmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snemmy polycounter lvl 18
    Windows is for sado-masochists

dock == <3

tongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif
  • Jonas Ronnegard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jonas Ronnegard polycount sponsor
    can kinda understand this, my gf and some of my friends back in japan has all bought mac's during the last 4 months
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Agree with above posts. As long as your work looks good, doesn't matter what os it is.

[/ QUOTE ]As long as it fits in the company pipeline, looks good it doesn't matter what OS it is.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

haven't you ever seen the random posts made by hawken in other threads where he has nothing significant to contribute to the discussion other than "get a mac", or "a mac wouldn't do that." thats why I responded that way, not too sure about anyone else

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm infected with a virus
  • acc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    acc polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    Lies, no one writes viruses for macs.
  • Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    Lies, no one writes viruses for macs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yet...

Give it time, The more people buy Macs, the more worthwhile it will be to write Viruses for them.
  • monkeyboy_garth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    monkeyboy_garth polycounter lvl 9
    Just an interesting observation:

I have a friend who works in the design department of a newspaper and about a year ago they switched from macs to pcs to solve networking issues. The design department was the only place where macs were being used, and apparently it caused massive problems for I.T.

I've always been a pc guy. My uni was all about macs (for graphic design), but I always felt I could get a better machine for my money if I bought a pc. When you're a student and you don't have much money to splash around, it kinda made the decision easy. It's just what you're used to in the end though. Who gives a crap?

Apples and whatever.
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    only old gimmers and the school spastic wear macs
  • Motz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Motz polycounter lvl 12
    monkeyboy_garth: your friend/ the IT department obviously had no idea what they were doing. Macs on an AD based or even novell based network environment are quite easy to integrate. You would typically just segment them off from the rest of the network directory, and moniter/enforce policy seperatly. Remember kids Network Protocols speak the same language, OS'es do not. All you need is a translator, like appleshare etc. We had about 400 in a 3500 computer environment and even ran into very little trouble durring an NT to AD migration. They all speak the same protocols.

Frankly it's like arguing about toaster brands. They both accomplish the same thing, work/production. If my girl wants a mac, more power to her, means less maintenance for me. I'll make fun of her for not being able to play games for about 4 seconds before I remember BootCamp. So it's really moot these days.

But yeah, duh sales are high, its new.
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    My guess is that the IT department used nothing but Active Directory without even knowing that it is just an integration of LDAP protocols.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active_directory#Integrating_Unix_into_Active_Directory