Home General Discussion

NVIDIA's Forceware 163.75 Borked My Video

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
TelekineticFrog polycounter lvl 18
I installed the latest greatest Forceware drivers (163.75) for UE3 because it wanted them for Gears of War. Everything seems to be great and fine except for video playback of any videos like .avi files encoded in DiVX. They're all washed out looking. Anybody run into this or know how to fix it? I'm running WinXP.

Replies

• Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    annoying reply : Get mac smile.gif

seriously thats pretty fucked up , why would it screw up overlay playback ? tried checking if it altered any stuff on nvidia panel regarding video ?
  • gavku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gavku polycounter lvl 18
    Exact same thing happened to me.....You need to fully uninstall your old drivers, not just overwrite them. This seemed to fix the problem for me.
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    Yea, that happens when you update to some of the newer drivers with some video cards. I remeber it happening to me once.

Its an easy fix, although I dont remember the exacts of how to do it, you should be able to figure it out.

Go into the color correction settings in your nvidia settings thing a ma jig. Then mess with the settings. I think you set it to overlay or something like that. or maybe not, but fiddle around. THeres a setting in there you change that makes it work.
  • TelekineticFrog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TelekineticFrog polycounter lvl 18
    That sure was it. Doing the overwrite without uninstalling the old Forceware and being sure to run a cleaner to grab the straggling bits left behind borked the whole thing up for the video playback and overlay. All fixed now and runnin' smooth again. It's always something small.
  • Xenobond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xenobond polycounter lvl 18
    'Before installing new drivers make sure you uninstall all NVIDIA display drivers from the Windows Control Panel. Browse to the Start Menu > Windows Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and search for "NVIDIA Windows Display Drivers" or "NVIDIA Display Drivers" and select remove.'