Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Jedi Master Riker

I decided to recreate a model of myself as a Jedi.

Here is a referance picture I used to create the original model of myself:

bodreferance.jpg

Head UVW/Diffuse:

Head_Diffuse.jpg

Eye Texture (Photoshop):

Map_Eye_Diffuse.jpg

And the Renders:

jedifront.jpg

jedifront3q.jpg

jedifront3qcoat.jpg

jediback3q.jpg

jediback3qcoat.jpg

I made a mesh for the overcoat and used reactor cloth to get the folds then collaped the stack and edited the mesh from there. Not sure I like it (the coat) at this point.

I realize my head map has a lot of overlapping polys in the chin...

Let me know what you think!

Thanks!

Replies

• leilei
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    leilei polycounter lvl 14
    From the subject I was hoping for Frakes frown.gif
  • TorQue[MoD]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TorQue[MoD] polycounter lvl 19
    none of the pictures are showing for me.
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    i could tell exactly what you did with the overcoat without you having to say it... that's not a good thing.

the eye texture is way too large and unrealistic.

can we get any closer shots, particularly of the head? looks like you gave yourself a new haircut. heh.
  • commander riker
    Yeah...I've not had so much experience with reactor. Any ideas on creating a better overcoat?

I think its the veins on the eye that are killing me. That's not the size of the map on my character, but since I created it in a larger size I thought I would post that up so it would be a little easier to see.

Yes. In the reference picture the hair is curly, but Max's hair modifier doesn't do so well with curls. I thought about creating a bunch of splines to guide the modifier, but I wanted to experiment to see if I could get a close enough look without having to make a bunch of interwoven beziers. Anybody dealt with curly hair before?

I shamefully admit the clothing is all procedural. I'm going to try to see if I can make any more convincing maps for them.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    So how big -is- the eye texture. If you give any number of 64, I'm revoking your CG license.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
  • commander riker
    Maybe I am Cliffy B.....

I placed Japhir's skull model inside the head and fixed a few of the areas in the back that were obscured by the hair in my reference pics.

I guess I'm basically looking for ideas on modeling the overcoat mesh and texturing of any of the meshes.
  • zenarion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zenarion polycounter lvl 17
    As goes for ideas, watch the movies and look at fans dressed up as jedi knights. They always wear more than just the clothes. Theres all kinds of small tingle-tangle on the belts. Put some straps on the boots, some wristbands on the arms.
    Right now the model has a lot of flat areas that aren't very interesting to look at.