polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Asherr polycounter lvl 18

Replies

• Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    see this is what happens when you worry about pleasing the entire world. GI Joe is what it is. Changing it because of all the shit going on in the world is retarded. I mean seriously how many North Koreans, Iranians, Al Quida Operatives (sp), etc are really gonna care either way?

Next up the destruction of Thundercats as it is written by a furry loving pervert that transforms the Thundercats into a musical about love among species and featuring a scene with snarf being shoved through a tube into Lion-O's ass.

YAY!!!!
  • J Randall
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    J Randall polycounter lvl 15
    what this from the same producers of the doom movie? Don't movies made in America make more money in America? Changing the foundation of a cult group of heroes for money!?!
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    reeeeetarrrrrrds
  • Mongrelman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
    And, apparently, the only thing worse than a horde of neo-nazis (hated by pretty much everyone), is a scot.

<cracks knuckles>
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    i hope he wears a kilt.
  • Asmuel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asmuel polycounter lvl 17
    Doesn't bother me at all that they aren't American, a lot of people identify with GI but America isn't exactly the most loved country abroad right now. But it does bother me they have to turn everything into a fucking terrible movie.
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    Hey, at least it's not a light comedy parody starring Ben Stiller/Owen Wilson/Vince Vaughn/some women who used to be in playboy.
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    haha its GI JOE for goodness sake(Still got my old GI joes somewhere :P). you cant make a war hero politically correct...its like an oxymoron or something!?
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    oh boo fucking hoo
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Who exactly are they trying to fool with this? Gi Joe has been the "All American Hero" for over 50 years. Its not as if they're shooting up people from a real nation that the US is having some issues with like a certain other "all American hero" movie character that I could name. They're comic-book nazis led by a guy who wears a silver welding mask for christ sake.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    "Paramount Pictures and Hasbro, which makes GI Joe toys, have reportedly discussed the challenges of marketing a film about the US military at a time when the conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan have sunk America's standing in foreign opinion polls"

Well then don't do it now! Is that such a hard concept? They've sat on this for what, 15 years now? Why the rush to do it if you aren't going to follow the concept. I mean, Real AMERICAN Hero is in the title. Transformers and Dukes of Hazzard were enough... stop fucking my past.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    StopFuckingAmericaUp.jpg
    Maybe then we can talk about doing a GI-Joe movie that panders to everyone.
    Why does Hollywood feel like it has to use GI-Joe to apologize to the world?
    I'm not saying GI Joe was all serious and should be respected but seriously are we that ashamed of our country that we have to change it that much?

• Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    I never read the comics but I found this on wikipedia:

"Born in Callander, Scotland, Destro’s full name is James McCullen Destro XXIV, and is Laird of Castle Destro in the Scottish Highlands. The Destro clan has designed and sold weapons for centuries, and Destro is the head of their current incarnation: M.A.R.S. (Military Armament Research Syndicate)."

so maybe all is not lost? (unless someone from Paramount is pulling some Ministry of Truth bs on us)
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    justin_meisse - they could say that destro was actually a 12 year old girl who liked ponies, and i'd be pretty sure that all would not be lost

i swear, you lot are fucking mental.
  • Sage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sage polycounter lvl 19
    A GI joe Movie, oh I'm so freaking excited I could take a crap my pants. Oh why not make a Mega Man movie next, but to not piss off everyone who loves evil robots lets make them hunt down termites instead. Everyone hates termites right.... I think a Kirby live action movie would be better than GI Joe, sorry but I can't see the original characters being offensive, I mean they have all kinds of stereotypes in there, so I don't see the problem, besides it being lame. Why don't they remake the Transformers movie they just did and show us the freaking fight we wanted to see, instead of that crappy camera shake crap they offered, then make a sequel.

Alex
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wow Dan, you sure are testy today. When I said "all is not lost" I didn't mean all hope for human survival, simply the hope for an OK popcorn movie.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mental? What...They are totally changing the whole idea behind GI Joe.

GI Joe is the REAL AMERICAN HERO. It's not a multinational orgy of dick heads.

Like my previous post I don't care about why they changed it. It was stupid.

Hmmm lets take a look at some images from the comics.

6-1.jpg

11-1.jpg
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oh well, we can always wait out for the Tintin movie thread to be on the "quit your whining" side of things.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    If they mess that one up I really am going to raise hell.
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    [ QUOTE ]
    wow Dan, you sure are testy today. When I said "all is not lost" I didn't mean all hope for human survival, simply the hope for an OK popcorn movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, you say that *now ...

btw, they did do a Tintin movie, a couple of them in fact. they did The Lake of Sharks, and also a weird Prisoners of the Sun adaptation. They were vile.

[ QUOTE ]
    GI Joe is the REAL AMERICAN HERO. It's not a multinational orgy of dick heads

[/ QUOTE ]

Action Force (the cobra years) was the UK version of GI Joe, with many of the same characters. They were multinational, and dickheads. No-one minded that
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]

Next up the destruction of Thundercats as it is written by a furry loving pervert that transforms the Thundercats into a musical about love among species and featuring a scene with snarf being shoved through a tube into Lion-O's ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

so you haven't read about the WB's remake of Thundercats into a L.A. group of teenage cats who, while not saving the world, are in a band - led by their mystic with a third eye, Snarf?

I shit you not.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sectaurs oh my god no. Are you serious? Who approves these ideas to get the thumbs up but a Halo movie is considered a gamble?

Natural selection just doesn't work fast enough these days.
  • Uly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Uly polycounter lvl 17
    I just hope they manage to build upon the rich backstory that exists in GIJoe's lengthy timeline...

(EDIT: This was a referential joke to another, yet similar thread. I hated GIJoes as a kid.)
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    yeah like when cobra decided to take over the world by diging to the center of the earth and making volcanos in capitol citys around the world. or when cobra made a giant space magnet to pull the moon closer to the earth and flood everyone with tidal waves. or when cobra teamed up with the decepticons to defeat gi joe once and for all!

Gi Joe is dumb, who cares if it gets fucked up.. (oh by the way i am a gi joe fan, i own the movie, and was an avid reader of the comic books,
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    I guess my point is, if they are going to make a movie like this, why use the name? If it isn't going to be GI Joe, then don't call it that. I think a GIJoe movie would be cool, but I'd prefer it not be made at all if they aren't going to do it right.