Home General Discussion

Halo: the Movie redux

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
You know that Halo movie that was bandied about a while back and then canceled?
http://www.gamesradar.com/gb/xbox360/gam...000000000000350
Turns out its not quite as cancelled as we might have believed. Neat huh.

...oh and heres 6 minutes of concept footage from Weta and director Neil Blomkamp.
http://www.gametrailers.com/game/2606.html
Its the "Landfall trailer". Per, you might like to put down a plastic sheet.

Replies

• Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    Yeah the Landfall Trailer is just awesome. I would be happy if the Halo movie was of that quality. That would be pretty bad ass.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    shockingly good.

monsters near the end looked unrealistic though
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    i disliked the cinematography quite a bit. I hated the enviro even more. Wtf, lets all run around these cement walls in the middle of nowhere because its so visually interesting and believable...
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Its just a proof of concept - a bunch of guys running around a studio back lot in Halo-ish armour with some quick CG and a lot of stock footage dropped in.
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    I have to geek out a bit and point out the filename is pretty inaccurate, those are absolutely not spartans, but rather, helljumpers,

the ones you make a jump with in halo2, the most bad-ass there is in the unsc, until the spartans came around, also known as orbital drop shock troopers.

I want the movie.

so bad :x
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    [ QUOTE ]
    I have to geek out a bit and point out the filename is pretty inaccurate, those are absolutely not spartans, but rather, helljumpers,

the ones you make a jump with in halo2, the most bad-ass there is in the unsc, until the spartans came around, also known as orbital drop shock troopers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh, someone read the Fall of Reach wink.gif
    John certainly f's up those ODST's, though laugh.gif
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    hahaha, ofcourse I read fall of reach, otherwise I would be somewhere in the "halo universe has no depth" camp! smile.gif

They certainly described quite well how seriously agumented john really is.

And on another note, I'd love to see those spacebattles you read about in fall of reach, in a movie, MAC's, glassing of planets, and all the glory.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    Yeah the Fall of Reach in movie format would be an awesome intro to the Halo universe. It would allow people that have not read the books or played the games to get a feeling and grip on what exactly is going on. I would sit through a 3 1/2 hour movie if it held by the book.

I agree with you eld... glass the planets and all those space battles and the scene where John jacks the ODST guys up.