Home General Discussion

Ratchet & Clank: Future

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
Just picked it up yesterday. It's ton of fun. New York Times quote on the back of the box is awesome too. Definitely enjoying this game, but I am a huge fan of the series.

Grats to Arsh!

Replies

• Tumerboy
    Offline / Send Message
    Tumerboy polycounter lvl 17
    PS3 only makes me sad. . .
  • AstroZombie
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    Looks awesome. I'll definitely pick it up once I get a PS3.
  • IronHawk
    Offline / Send Message
    IronHawk polycounter lvl 10
    Sweet! Working my way through Up your Arsenal still and the other ps2 versions. Going to have to get a ps3 coming up.

Grats Arsh!
  • Lee3dee
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    demo was sweet! i'll have to give it a rent.
  • Uly
    Offline / Send Message
    Uly polycounter lvl 17
  • arshlevon
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
    thanks dudes! yeah almost makes me wish i had a ps3! haha, i plan on getting one soon, so many good games coming out..
    I dont know if i can post anything yet, but i can tell you what did..

we kind of do some things in 2 passes, so on some assets i did polish, what i would be given is a uved low rez with a normal map and flood fills and i have to bring it to complete.

all of the ships and bosses in space combat, 100%

the plumber character i did the final polish pass on

teh grummels (item weapon venders) i did the poslish on them.

the ambient pterodactyl flying around in hordes in some levels, this was 100% me

the cragmite player skin ( you ccan play as a cragmite when you beat the game or unlock it, not sure how it works) 100% me, i even did concept

the high impact player skin.. this is ratchet in a jail uniform, with stripes.. i liked this one cause i got to make his bare feet, and those havent been shown since the first one.. they remind me of alf.. hahah this was for high impact games.. jeffro works there.. they make the ratchet psp titles.

i think thats about it.. i havent been working on the project for some time now, so i am having a hard time recalling everything i did.

go support the largest indy developer in the industry!!
  • cochtl
    Offline / Send Message
    cochtl polycounter lvl 18
    Don't jinx yourself!
  • Tumerboy
    Offline / Send Message
    nice work dude. I'm sorry to say it's still not QUITE good enough to get me to spend $600 on it :P
  • arshlevon
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
    get with the times! the ps3 is only 399.. no more that 600 garbage.

from penny arcade
    [ QUOTE ]
    The new Ratchet & Clank is a marvel, further proof that Insomniac is the surest thing that platform has going for it. You'll travel to lush, hitch-free worlds where the brutal load times found in other Playstation titles are nowhere to be found. It's something everyone with the system will be playing, and it's executed at a level that should generate jealousy in the non-owner. I don't know if it's enough to make someone pick it up, but we're moving into that territory. I imagine it largely depends on whether they've heard the sound it makes when you pick up bolts. I know that our desire to obtain bolts is second only to our desire to obtain even more bolts, and this is due largely to its captivating jingle slash jangle.

Every time you play a demo, and there's something not quite right about it, you think "Oh, maybe they'll fix this before release" but they never do, and you pop in the final only to be greeted by the same issues. The R&C demo (technically, the "R&CF:ToD" demo) was a few ebullient, engaging scenes marred by some fairly vicious graphical tearing. I expected this tearing to persist in the final product, but I was having so much fun with it that I didn't care. Imagine my surprise when the retail disc retains the amusement I described earlier, only it runs like a Swiss watch. What a profound luxury it must be to focus on a single platform.

[/ QUOTE ]
  • Tumerboy
    Offline / Send Message
    ok, I'm sorry, but it's still not worth $399, maybe $100. . . but that would probably be my limit.

Anyone looking to sell their PS3 for $100?
  • TelekineticFrog
    Offline / Send Message
    TelekineticFrog polycounter lvl 18
    Picked it up Friday evening...wasn't aware it shipped this week, could've sworn it wasn't supposed to be out till the 30th. Anyways I'm playing thru it and absolutely love it. Need to get a dual shock 3 so i can have some rumbles. I like how the bounty hunter guy wore an eye patch but has two good eyes. The weapon upgrading system is way cool. Will maybe put up impressions after I get deeper in or finish it.
  • Rhinokey
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    this is a must buy for me, just waiting for funds to open up. this will be the first must have release for ps3 for me.. its just been kinda sitting on the shelf.

tummer, could you take your trolling to another thread please, this thread is not about your hatred of ps3 or your anoying cheapness.. its about sams awesome freakin game
  • aesir
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    I've gotta have at least one friend with a ps3 i can mooch off of...