Home General Discussion

Assasin's Creed art preview

MacD
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
MacD polycounter lvl 18
Hmmm....AC smile.gif Dunno if anyone hasn't seen this, but even if it was just for the wireframe of the city, it would be worth it:

http://features.cgsociety.org/story_custom.php?story_id=4292&page=1

Replies

• Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    They keep blowing me away, again and again... I love it.
  • IronHawk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IronHawk polycounter lvl 10
    This and RnC make me want to buy a ps3.
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    This is for the Xbox, baby!
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    I hope this game is nice and lengthy. It looks damn good.
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    This is for the Xbox, baby!

[/ QUOTE ]
    and ps3 and pc, 360 for me though smile.gif
    this and mass effect are going to round out november for me, i'll pick up kane and lynch in december
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    Yeah I can't wait for this game. COD4, Mass Effect and this are sure buys in November.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    november is way too big for me, with galaxy, mass effect, cod4, dqm:j, and rock band I'm not sure if I'm going to buy this or not.

it went from a sure buy to an eh maybe, because my roommate is getting it so I fail to see a reason to spend money on it when it will be here free. I'm sure it'll be sweet.
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    looks great but is the gameplay anything new. getting bored with just eye candy
  • nacire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nacire polycounter lvl 17
    I think the story will be worth the play. As it stands, I don't think your really some guy whacking folks during that time period. There are some really weird "memory" things happening on screen during the gameplay. I also noticed some pretty strange visual things happen around some of the characters on screen, almost like an aura of visual data. I wouldn't be suprised if there is some sort of big twist in which you are really someone else, in a different place and time. Maybe a training simulator? Who knows.

I definitely like the non-linear, track clues to find various means of dipatching targets and high flying trapeze artist gameplay of it all. I wasn't really that interested in it until recent videos started popping up. In particular , the videos over at gametrailers.com
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    the art is as good as the quotes and writing are terrible in that article smile.gif someone please take away their exclamation marks.

as for the game itself, i'll be buying. big fan of any stealth /contract killer game, don't matter really what time period it is. get killin', and then get runnin'!
  • Toomas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toomas polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    looks great but is the gameplay anything new. getting bored with just eye candy

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, all the climbing and other acrobatics.. ok ok its nothing new but its supposedly done way better than before.
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    personally, I played it at TGS and I wasn't thrilled by the demo.

It looked like the producers that would demo the game would stay away from problem areas, like inclined surfaces.

Too many times I saw the characters play their hurt animations only to end up floating in space off the roofs. Things like that bother me. No IK of the feet means that the characters always had one leg inside roof and other small geometry. Lots of t-junction artifacts. The Assasin's hands peircing through geometry as they get snapped to the next hang point. Etc, etc, etc.

I just hope it was a very early build they were showing.
  • Austin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mass Effect, GTA 4, Assassin's Creed, and SKATE. I should get a 360.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    GTA has been delayed until spring of 2008. frown.gif But then, COD4 + Assassins + Mass Effect will keep me busy until then, so I don't mind so much.