Home General Discussion

Sonic is in Smash Brothers!

mod
As well as smash brothers being delayed. Came as news to me! I had no idea nintendo was going to have a conference.

sources:
http://kotaku.com/gaming/smash-bros'-del...o+op-309023.php
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/index.html

now I could just use some megaman/x and zero in smash and all my dreams come true.

WOOT

Replies

• Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asherr polycounter lvl 18
    first decent game sonic has been in since the mid 90's.
  • nitzmoff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nitzmoff polycounter lvl 18
    Between the butt rock and his stupid voice (loaded with 'tude!!!) I say this is a black eye for the series. Sonic like so many mascots from years ago seems to have been born from a marketing meeting rather than a quirky idea from a game designer.

They should have hung up those red shoes years ago. Maybe then the internet would have been spared from that awful game where Sonic makes out with a human girl at the end. *shudder*
  • Illusions
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Illusions polycounter lvl 18
    Alright! So I'm not the only person disappointed with his inclusion. He just doesn't seem to fit the paradigm of characters included in Smash Bros.
  • cochtl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cochtl polycounter lvl 18
    oh right and solid snake fits the bill...
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    I think that the point is that snake is so awesome no-one cares, where-as sonic is just a blue loser in red shoes.
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tumerboy polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]
    I think that the point is that snake is so awesome no-one cares, where-as sonic is just a blue loser in red shoes.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    i buy the games mainly to listen the ost ahahaha.
  • Illusions
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Illusions polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    oh right and solid snake fits the bill...

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of the characters (that I am aware of) are from old school Nintendo games (or characters in newer versions of old school Nintendo games). Snake is from Metal Gear back on the NES...Sonic is from...crappy ports over to the Gamecube after the Dreamcast died...

...plus what everyone else said. tongue.gif
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    ummm snake sucks ass. Sonic rocks. FUck all you.
  • Uly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Uly polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]
    butt rock

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the second time I've heard that term today... Kinda fits the bill though.

[ QUOTE ]
    Moving around at the speed of sound, got places to go got to FOLLOW MY RAINBOW!

[/ QUOTE ]

Lovingly quoted from some dumb shit Sonic Adventure game.
  • cochtl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cochtl polycounter lvl 18
    i dunno. sonic was all sorts of fun back in the day and its not like mario hasnt been whored out in all sorts of games/sequels/crossovers/cameos either. its just that sega's time has long been over and has had to resort to licensing extremes to stay afloat.

that said, i do like that nintendo opted to include sonic as more of a service to old school fans who may actually have remembered sonic before he became craptacular, whereas snake is definitely a fan service to reel in more of those A.D.H.D. 'im too cool for ghey kids games but i would love to super smash ass with that floor humping guy that kills bad guys while hiding in oil drums' people to buy the game.
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]
    definitely a fan service to reel in more of those A.D.H.D. 'im too cool for ghey kids games but i would love to super smash ass with that floor humping guy that kills bad guys while hiding in oil drums' people to buy the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, because snake isn't lighthearted at all, ever, and doesn't fit in at all in a game with melodramatic emokid anime characters like ike.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sonic in Super Smash Brothers is a painful reminder how ugly Sega's twilight years have been.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    it's fucking great that sonic is in the game, duders. Yes his last generation or two of games have sucked ass (excluding the DS ones), but he is/was still a great character that undoubtedly everyone wanted to see in the game
  • acc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    acc polycounter lvl 18
    I don't see how Sonic being in the game is anything but a good thing. If you like Sonic you can play as him. If you don't like Sonic you can beat the ever-living-shit out of him. That's what I'm planning on doing!
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    the fact my band wasn't approached to record sonics theme tune in heavy metal format, makes this suck.

the fact that sonic is in 3d sucks even more.

on the plus side i get to prove how sonic is better than mario by beating all my friends now.