Home General Discussion

inquiry of Canada

We are considering moving to Canada. We are curious on what the citizens of Canada think of living there. If you could please answer on the following topics, we would really appreciate it:
1. Do you like the Public Education? Why or why not?
2. Do you like the Healthcare System? Why or why not?
3. What do you think of the laws?
4. What do you think of Canada's leadership?
5. What is the cost of living like? (example: do you make enough money to pay your bills?)

Thank you for your input.

Replies

• HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    It's terrible, there's French people everywhere. : D
  • acc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    acc polycounter lvl 18
    Canada is so amazing, random people register on art forums just to ask about it.
  • Psyk0
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Psyk0 polycounter lvl 18
    We're all surviving on roadkill and dress like Davy Crockett, and to prove Jimmies' statement, i'm one of the many many annoying frenchies you'll encounter.
  • Keg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Keg polycounter lvl 18
    Don't forget the igloo's we all live in.
  • MikeF
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MikeF polycounter lvl 19
    shit, you got igloos? all we've got are toques.
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    Does no one else think this is some sort of polling spam?

Dude only has one post and his question is completely generic.
  • Uly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Uly polycounter lvl 15
    This lil' work of art rolled into my inbox the other day.

[ QUOTE ]
    Assalamu Alaikum,

It is my plasure to write you after going through your profile, My name is Fatou Mohammed, 22 years old girl, And the only survival of my late parents Mr and Mrs Mohammed. My father was a highly reputable busnness magnet-(a cocoa merchant) who operated in the capital of Ivory coast during his days, It is sad to say that he passed away mysteriously in France during one of his business trips abroad on 12th.November 2005. Though his sudden death was li nked or rather suspected by one of his brother who accompanied him on that Trip, But Almighty Allah knows the truth!

My Mother died when i was just (8) Eight Years, Since then my Father took me soo special, After the death of my Father Life has become so terrible to me, I realy dont know what to do rather than to be incontact with you for an assitance, I am in a sincere desire of your humble assistance, To help me Transfer $7.5 Million Dollars, (Seven Milion Five Hundred Thousand Dollas) Which my Father deposited in one prime Security Company here in (Abidjan Cote D' Ivoire) before his Death, I know it is very risk to confide in someone you never met before, But i believe that Almighty Allah who made me to come in contact with you will also show me that he is Allah, Please respond to me as soon as you read this message so that i will gave you more details,

I will be waiting to hear from you as soon as possible you read this message, May Almighty Allah be with you Till i hear from you,

Yours Beloved
    Fatou Mohammed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fucking with internet scammers is a bittersweet event. On one hand, you confirm that your address exist, on the other hand, you get some hilarious responses.
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    My impression of Canada after my last trip there... everyone's got custom rims on their cars, regardless of what a POS it is, and everyone likes country music... laugh.gif
  • hello30
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir , this is not spam or poll. my husband suggested that i post here to get information on Canada, since he is familiar with this website. i just want some honest information.
  • Gav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gav quad damage
    [ QUOTE ]
    ...and everyone likes country music... laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

CONWAY TWITTY IS A SAINT!!!
  • pliang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pliang polycounter lvl 17
    For an Asian who was raised in Canada...

1. Depends where exactly you're planning to live in Canada.

2. Unless you're in business or trades, good luck finding a high income job form the ground up.

3. Cost of living can be astronomical (i.e Vancouver), my condo was about 300k and now its worth more than half a million.

4. In some places like B.C, one time I was this close to throw a fist at an asshole bureaucratic for not even listening to a friend's plea.

5. While I was still looking for work being temporarily unemployed, the revenue agency still tries to make me pay health care premiums which my accountant manage to deny for me.

6. Public school's OK

7. So far the current gov t only did as much as lowering our taxes to 13 percent.

8. For me, its been a good place to work in but not worth living in the long shot.

9. I'm thinking of moving to the UK in the future.
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tulkamir polycounter lvl 18
    1. Yes, it gave me a broad idea of many subjects and allowed me to prepare for further education. There are problems, but as far as such things go I think it is quite good.
    2. Haven't had to use it much, but where I have it's been quite good.
    3. I haven't run into problem with the laws, so I'm pretty much fine with them.
    4. It works.
    5. I'm making a junior wage and paying half of it into student loan payments. I currently still have enough to buy all the new games I want, see new movies, eat out often, etc... So I have no problem with the wages. (It should be noted that I pay lower rent than most people though).

Overall, it's safe, and I feel free to do what I wish for the most part. I feel safe here and can't complain. Dunno that it's the best place to live in the world, but I can't imagine anywhere is much better.
  • vahl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vahl polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    9. I'm thinking of moving to the UK in the future.

[/ QUOTE ]

believe me, Europe will make you regret canada for the rest of your life
  • Jay Evans
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jay Evans polycounter lvl 18
    I F'ing love it.
    Since I rarely have to think about 1-4 then they are obviously adequate.

Cost of living? If you compare the quality of life we get in Vancouver to a big European city, or US city I personally think we are getting a bargain here.
  • pliang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pliang polycounter lvl 17
    Yeah actually I was little maybe on that part, for me its a little down the list...guess every city have their own mixed views towards it.

It'll probably change for me once I land a full time job as artist/doing business with parents over here