Home General Discussion

Deviantcount

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Pavel polycounter lvl 10
Who on deviant?

come out and show itself!!!

I have found there many people from here...but not all, i think...

i'm here...

Replies

• Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asherr polycounter lvl 18
    i do but i mostly use the site for watching other people's work. haven't uploaded anything for a couple years or so. been a member since 2002 and have less than 750 page views. laugh.gif
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    http://sircula.deviantart.com I upload every now and then, I use my scraps there as an image account so I can post images embedded here laugh.gif
  • jgarland
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I used deviantART for a while, but I never really uploaded anything. The community generally pisses me off. There's lots of good work, mixed in with a lot of shit. There's absolutely no constructive criticism there. A piece is either, "OMG SO KAWAIIIIIIIIII ^_^;," or it, "looks prety good." Both of which tell the artist nothing.

I think, generally, the community of teeny-boppers would be horribly offended if anyone, heaven forbid, dislike a piece of theirs. I could ramble off a million and one things I hate about the site, and maybe five or six that I really do like, so my visits are rather hit-and-miss.
  • snemmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snemmy polycounter lvl 18
    http://snemmy.deviantart.com

some of my more recent paintings and older stuffs
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    [ QUOTE ]
    The community generally pisses me off. There's lots of good work, mixed in with a lot of shit. There's absolutely no constructive criticism there. A piece is either, "OMG SO KAWAIIIIIIIIII ^_^;," or it, "looks prety good." Both of which tell the artist nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do often agree with you on those points. It is also a place that seems to be becoming a bit biased towards certain genres. Basically if you can do a set of artworks based upon reasonably good anime style partially nude characters(preferably furries - arrrgh) then you will most probably be well on your way to being famous and accepted on deviantart.

I have had some help from there believe it or not, someone called mmarti introduced me to hdri mapping a few years ago through deviantart. there are some incredible artists if you just look around a bit, some are quite friendly too.
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    deviant is totally useless imo. unless you consider yourself beyond improvement, post elsewhere
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    For a community entirely devoted to raving wee-a-boo anime fanatics, it's alright.
    http://piespelunker.deviantart.com/
  • Snowfly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snowfly polycounter lvl 18
    sure,if you like hanging out with the possibly the most annoying demographic. the photography isn't too bad though.

yes i have it, i just don't like to talk about it.
  • Illusions
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Illusions polycounter lvl 18
    I signed up, read their log-ass legal form...realized that they had a section where you allow them to use your stuff however they want if you post it, and decided against ever posting anything. There's some really good stuff on there if you look hard enough. But otherwise its only really useful if you don't need improvement, and want people fanboying your work. Or stealing it.
  • Tiax
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i really dont think that anyone using deviantart for getting crits etc actually. its more like showing your progress , all arts got its own pro forums around for crits&improvement.
    i really dont care if %95 of that site is full of crap as long as the other %5 is soo inspiring&awesome.
    i'm not a fan of devart or whatever , but still i like dev-art.
    my page is ; bibidibabidibu.deviantart.com . was using it for favorites , i'm just saving at hd now. but still got some nice pieces in fav's section. ( i just fav one piece from my favorite artists, so you may wanna check their entire gallery.)
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    omg thanks for the +fav ^_^
  • leilei
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    leilei polycounter lvl 14
    OMG OMG here my art o^_^o plz fave comment and ad me frend list!!!
    http://leileilol.deviantart.com
  • ironbearxl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ironbearxl polycounter lvl 18
    ironbearxl.deviantart.com

I try to keep it updated every month.