Home Technical Talk

Pen pressure in Mudbox is buggered

dj snyder
polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
dj snyder polycounter lvl 14
I'm using a Wacom Intuous 3 which seems to work fine, only in mudbox the pressure sensitive tools don't seem to work at all.

In Photoshop, I can paint properly, so the stylus isn't the problem. And in Mudbox I can move the cursor with the tablet and use non pressure-sensitive tools like selecting faces. But the soft/scratch/etc. tools don't seem to respond at all to the tablet, while they work just fine with the mouse.

Help me Polycount!

leia_hologram.jpg

Replies

• Silva_Spoon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Silva_Spoon polycounter lvl 18
    restart your tablet service:

control panel > Administrative Tools > Services > Tablet Service then hit "restart the service" link
  • Silva_Spoon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Silva_Spoon polycounter lvl 18
    that work for you?
  • 3DBoogieBr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    3DBoogieBr polycounter lvl 8
    Hey, what`s up !

Im having the SAME problem.

For me some tools works and some other`s dont.

And the most curious fact is that it was working pretty well, and one day its just stoped and i got all this bugs.

I thought it was the lack of good scale in my objects so mudbox could work better...

I`ll try what you said and i`ll keep you guys in contact, it always good to respond these kind of post.
  • 3DBoogieBr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    3DBoogieBr polycounter lvl 8
    Restarting the service didn`t work. :(.
  • oglu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oglu polycount lvl 666
    try to delete the settings folder in myDocs\mudbox,,,
    this will reset mud..
  • ghost-d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ghost-d polycounter lvl 17
    Not a Mudbox user and could be a little off topic, but I was having a similar issue with ZBrush - every once in a while the pressure stopped working. After some time I figured out that it happened anytime I saved a file or did anything outside the program (like jumping to picture viewer to change reference picture or change song in Winamp etc.). I use two monitors, my tablet (very old - Wacom graphire 4 classic) is set to the primary monitor - whenever this pressure sensitivity issue occurs, all I have to do is to mouse-click anywhere on the secondary monitor and the pressure sensitivity works ok again back in ZBrush. Might be useless for you, but who knows... Anyway, I feel for you man. I was going crazy before I found a solution to my problem with pressure sensitivity. Good luck!
  • stevob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    stevob polycounter lvl 5
    Thanks!

Just having that problem using two screens with Mudbox 2015.
  • Gillespionage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gillespionage polycounter lvl 6
    Had the same problem with just my Grab Tool in Mudbox.

I deleted my Mudbox prefs as oglu suggested and it worked!