Home General Discussion

Crysis Beta...Anyone else playing it?

http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/crysis/beta/

So I happen across this today...So I sign-up, I get a CD-key and I download the file. I install, enter CD key, create an account, search for servers...and proceed to get an error message every time I try an join a server...

I go to the Crysis beta forums to try and figure this out, but every time I visit the beta forums, I get a '404 - Page Not Found' error...

Anyways, just posting this so people know they can get it. Hopefully others will have more luck actually getting into a server!

Replies

• BoBo_the_seal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BoBo_the_seal polycounter lvl 18
    I'm here at the Crytek offices. The game look AMAZING! This is a must pick up once it comes out.

- BoBo
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    i blame bobo for this entirely, but apparently my hardware specs aren't what they're looking for in a beta tester.

(dont do 5600+ X2, with 8800, and gig of ram)
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    ooooh

I'll try it tonight.

And yes, blame BoBo. All of the worldly ailments are his doing! He's drinking my Dr.Pepper! Hands off, bastid!
  • Striff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Striff polycounter lvl 18
    Yea I have been playing since it started. The game looks absolutly amazing and it plays almost as good as it looks. I don't know how to explain the gameplay but it feels like a normal FPS but the intigration of all of the super type powers is great and leads to a ton of great scenarios.

Not to mention that DX10 isn't even in the beta (its DX9) yet so there are no physics and the graphics are not at its maximum potental. Its probaly the most realistic DX9 game I have ever played.

It plays really slow though, but I'm sure there is a ton of optimization to do. I have a AMD 5200+ x2 (at 3.1 GHz) and a 8800 GTS (at 660 core and 2120 memory)and im averaging about 20-25 frames outdoors and 35-45 frames indoors at 1920 x 1200, x2 AA and maximum settings.
  • cursedDice
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Got a question for those who got it working. Did you have to enter 2 different keys (once before installation, and once for activation)? I only got one key when I signed up, and entered the same key both times it asked for something, and I accepted both of them...but I can't connect to any server, and I'm trying to figure out why. Thanks for any ideas!
  • Striff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I used the same key for both. What error are you getting?
  • cursedDice
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I can open Crysis, login to CryNet, and search for available servers. Once I double click on a server to join, I get a red error message, displaying some variation of the following.

crysistest.ea.com:64080 refused connection

OR

26.34.233.72.static.reverse.ITdomains:64087 refused connection

I tried every server and get the same thing every time. I don't think its a firewall or router issue (no router, and I turned off all anti-virus and firewall stuff in Windows...and I can play other server games (WiC or CoH for example) just fine.) I don't know what else it could be if its not a CD key or firewall issue...
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    I put in my specs and it told me my computer isn't what they are looking for. It's probably for the best, my computer most likely would have exploded if I tried to run Crysis.
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    To bad its for fileplanet suscribers only... my PC would probably be a good one to test (the Geforce 7700go is pretty rare after all) wink.gif
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    gonna see how this thing runs on my dell xps Core 2 Duo 4 gigs of ram and the 7950 GTX 512mb card...

If this runs smooth i'm sure UT3 will as well.

Anyone notice the NDA stuff...Shhh EA IS WATCHING!
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm running-

Core2Duo E6600 (2.4ghz)
    2GB DDR2 800mhz
    BFG 8800GTS OC2 320MB (320mb might be a prob with this game)

We'll see. Hopefully I don't get the errors that others are running into.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Judging by the reports from various demos they've given at game conventions/exhibitions around the world, at the moment it's quite unstable and slow.
    I'll be interested to see how people get along running it. From what I hear even pretty new high-end systems can chug a bit on medium graphics settings. I assume that's because "High" graphics settings are so insanely pretty that nobody can use them smile.gif
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    I'm here at the Crytek offices. The game look AMAZING! This is a must pick up once it comes out.

- BoBo

[/ QUOTE ]
    Once BoBo leaves the building the game turns into a pumpkin... BoBo you have to take one for the team and stay =P
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i know what this is gonna do. It's an evil plot with hardware manufacturers to force us to all by top of the line stuff to run this on max settings. I can see it now. Quad graphics cards, dual quad core processors, 8 gigs of ram and raptor hard drives with a 1,000 watt PC Power and Cooling Powersupply that is all liquid cooled of course.

OH GOD MY POOR BANK ACCOUNT.
  • Striff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Judging by the reports from various demos they've given at game conventions/exhibitions around the world, at the moment it's quite unstable and slow.
    I'll be interested to see how people get along running it. From what I hear even pretty new high-end systems can chug a bit on medium graphics settings. I assume that's because "High" graphics settings are so insanely pretty that nobody can use them smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think its unstable at all (no crashes on the beta build, but who knows what the devs builds are like) but it defiantly chugs on even the highest systems. If I turn everything on low and run it at 1920 x 1200 I hardly ever see it go over 60 fps.

The scary part is there is another graphic setting called "Ultra High" but you can't select it in the beta. I think my cpu would explode megahertz if I put it on that. confused.gif
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    If you want the best, you have to pay through the teeth.
    I just dropped $350 on my new 8800GTS a few weeks ago, and even that isn't powerful enough to run some current games maxed out. It's just the way PC hardware is. The way it's always been always will be. frown.gif
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    I really should subscribe to FilePlanet, I meet to specs for the beta. Just can't get a key frown.gif
    I would really love to see how it would run on my machine to benchmark it, so I know whether I will need an upgrade for the upcoming graphic intensive titles.
    That and also creaming over how good the game looks laugh.gif

-caseyjones
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    If you don't meet the requirments, you can lie, you know.
    I did that and it got me past the thing.

I think
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well, it's purdy. And it runs like shit.

My rig is pretty reasonable, too. *sigh*
    My card can't handle the fillrate changes - the motion blur stutters a hell of a lot. Pitty, because it's drop dead SEXY.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hmm well no matter what i do it crashes to desktop when trying to load the game after connecting to a server.

I even set it to all the lowest settings. Probably because I'm running Vista.

Fixed just needed to get new drivers.

Ran it on high. Kinda chugged. Still looked amazing though.
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    I wouldn't say amazed per se, but it looks pretty impressive. I have a weird issue whereby my actual framerate is pretty good, but I have a periodic, regular pause. To be fair, it's worth reminding that this is a multiplayer beta, and multiplayer specific maps and assets tend to be significantly cut down from their single player counterparts for obvious reasons. I'd love to get my grubby mits on the single player experience, I'm confident it will be really impressive.

Daniel K: Might be a punkbuster issue. Make sure your windows or other firewall isn't blocking it or the crytek executables.
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah ya know, I pretty much lied. Cranking settings up to high, and taking it all in; the lighting and shadowing, the shaders, atmospherics, the draw distances, it actually is amazing to be fair.
  • Striff