polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Ozymandias polycounter lvl 18

Replies

• D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    D4V1DC polycounter lvl 18
    Gave me chillz nice looks like they are doing this one justice.
  • Ott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ott polycounter lvl 13
    haha I really love the retro metal-man lookin suit he starts out with. Definitely a bit of a nod to the old school Iron Man from way back in the day.

I hope the dialog is good. FF2 and Spidey 3 should have been awesome, and I was pretty disappointed at both of em. Both had their moments, but there were things that really drug em both down. Never seeing Galactus or even the slightest hint of what he actually looks like or is was a big let down. And let's not even get started with the dance scene in Spidey. It was like bring drug back to Jabba's palace for the remake's music video all over again.

Iron Man looks good, I just hope they can give him a good enough villian or cool enough storyline to go along with the nice looking FX.
  • Ozymandias
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ozymandias polycounter lvl 18
    yeah, I really liked the retro suit at the start of the trailer, nice to see the evolution. I am quite curious who the villain will be. That last shot of him breaking the sound barrier is a little hackneyed I think, but it was still pretty sick.
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    The villain was in the trailer, he makes the most sense for the movie too.

Been looking forward to this for months, ever sense i saw who was directing it.
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    Was discussing the trailer with some coworkers today (we are working on a marvel game after all tongue.gif ) we all found it rather amusing that they 'updated' his old NK themed prison camp / POW setup to the modern day Iraq-war setup. I'm personally looking forward to this as they seem to be doing a good job of keeping true to the style over all. smile.gif
  • Luxury
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Luxury polycounter lvl 18
    Well I for one thought that the quality of the trailer went downhill drastically once they started to introduce the super-hero elements. I just want to see Robert Downy Jr. be an smarmy quick-witted megalomaniac for the whole movie. No really. The beginning of the trailer is just awesome!
  • Josh_Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Josh_Singh polycounter lvl 18

[ QUOTE ]
    I just want to see Robert Downy Jr. be an smarmy quick-witted megalomaniac for the whole movie

[/ QUOTE ] wrong.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Honestly I get wood each and every time I see the IronMan armor come on screen, not Robert Downey Jr. But whatever floats your boat... =P
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    there has never been a more appropriate choice of music than in that trailer. and the mandarin is supposedly the behind the scenes villain laugh.gif
  • The Ben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The Ben polycounter lvl 18
    Flaagan - Just so you know, that is now technically Iron Man's official canon. What was once the Vietnam war and Vietnamese warlords is now Iraq and the Taliban. So regardless of one's feelings about this, the film makers are still trying to stay accurate.

Iron Man is my fucking favorite hero of all time, i'm so pumped and yet so scared that it'll get fucked up. But yeah, thanks for the link, i've been watching the crappy comic-con footage for the last month.
  • xxbrightliesxx
    the comic great, we'll just have to see about the movie...
  • Motz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Motz polycounter lvl 12
    Marvel reuses that music for nearly every trailer. It's actually a pretty old song by a band called Curve. The filter track was nice though. I have the first ironman comics printed in archive from my grandfather. Tony Stark was nothing like this. They make him out to be this terrible arms dealer, ruining the original character completely:

[ QUOTE ]
    Anthony Stark is born in Long Island, New York. He enters the undergraduate electrical engineering program at MIT while only 15 years old and graduates at the top of his class. At the age of 21, he inherits his father's company, Stark Industries, after his parents are killed in a car accident. One of the first things Stark does is to buy out the company that made the faulty brakes on his parents' car and corrects the mechanical problem.

While on a visit to Vietnam (later updated to the Gulf War) to see how his new mini-transistors could assist the American war effort, Stark is caught in a booby trap. Captured by a Vietnamese warlord named Wong Chu, and dying from a piece of shrapnel lodged in his heart from the booby trap, Stark is pressed into building weapons for Wong Chu, along with a fellow prisoner, the famed physicist Yin Sen (later called Ho Yinsen). However, Stark and Yin Sen use the workshop to secretly design and construct a suit of powered armor — an iron exoskeleton that gives Stark tremendous strength as well as other abilities — that will not only keep Stark's heart beating, but also allow him to escape. Yin Sen sacrifices himself to buy Stark time to charge the bulky suit of armor, and as Iron Man, Stark kills Wong Chu and his men. On the way back, Iron Man encounters a wounded American Air Force helicopter pilot, Jim Rhodes. Introducing himself as Stark's bodyguard, Iron Man and Rhodes manage to defend themselves against the pursuing North Vietnamese before making it back to American lines. On his return to the U.S., Stark continues to improve the armor, establishing a dual identity as the adventurer and superhero Iron Man. He also greatly expands his father's company, Stark Industries, eventually renaming it Stark International.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does that sound like some egotistical arms dealer to you? He makes electrical components, not missiles. The first ironman didn't even have weapons on it, let alone flame throwers. I mean good lord isn't he supposed to be paralyzed? Bah. I'd give anything to be in the 90th percentile crowd who eats this shit up without attempting to keep a story intact.
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    marvel have been using iron man in other movies? news to me. and his personality is more in-line with the ultimate version, which isn't surprising, various bits and pieces have been lifted from that line for the movies for a while now.
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Marvel reuses that music for nearly every trailer. It's actually a pretty old song by a band called Curve.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have a feeling your talking about something else altogether, i am sure he was referring to the song ironman from the band black sabbath
  • Motz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Motz polycounter lvl 12
    There are 3 songs, and I mention 2. One by Filter and one by Curve. I'm obviously not talking about Ironman by Black Sabboth. I didn't comment on that song because I frankly don't like it at all.

The intro music, the first music you hear is the Curve song. They used it in a Fantasic 4 trailer as well as multiple Spiderman trailers.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Marvel reuses that music for nearly every trailer. It's actually a pretty old song by a band called Curve. The filter track was nice though. I have the first ironman comics printed in archive from my grandfather. Tony Stark was nothing like this. They make him out to be this terrible arms dealer, ruining the original character completely...

Does that sound like some egotistical arms dealer to you? He makes electrical components, not missiles. The first ironman didn't even have weapons on it, let alone flame throwers. I mean good lord isn't he supposed to be paralyzed? Bah. I'd give anything to be in the 90th percentile crowd who eats this shit up without attempting to keep a story intact.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your complaint is with Marvel comics, not the movie industry. In his most popular current incarnation (Iron Man in the Ultimates line), Tony Stark is an egotistical arms dealer. He's been supplying SHIELD with weaponry in both continuities, IIRC, but he's a particularly annoying bastard in Ultimates. I didn't see anything in that trailer that doesn't jive with the last ten or so years of Iron Man comics.

I think that 90% of the movie-goers won't know the story of Iron Man as originally read by your grandfather. It doesn't mean they're brainless fools, but that they weren't reading comcis in 1963. I'll wait until I see the film to judge it, but Jon Favreau is one of those awesome super-geek directors who totally respects comic book material. I trust him and what I've seen so far. This isn't Joel Schumacher putting nipples on the Batsuit or anything.

The Black Sababth track is the single coolest use of licensed music in the history of film. I would love it if they actually put it in the movie (I have to think Ozzy and the boys would be down with that.)