Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Portfolio-Anims

StephenVyas
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
StephenVyas polycounter lvl 18
[url="Http://GamerReel.com"]Http://GamerReel.com[/url]

Although mostly animations... they're game related.

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    The coolest thing on your site is the large monster, too bad its not your work, and its displayed much larger than any of your work.

Your anims are good, but the first thing you think when you see the site is, hey cool model!.... Oh, its not his.....
  • Makkon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Makkon polycounter
    Your animations are very good, but they seem sped up. This is especially evident in your martial arts animation; the character moved awkwardly fast, and fell like he reached terminal velocity instantly. In many of your animations your characters change direction way too fast, making your characters seem like they're made out of styrofoam. It's just a timing issue. You need to literally slow most of them down by about 10% or 20%. Your more recent work has slowed down and is much improved, but it's still a little too fast.

Although, the semmny sam clip worked because of it's speed. There are times when things should move fast.
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    Overall nice animations, although I think all your climbing animations feel like they lack any weight.
  • Gav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gav quad damage
    Awesome work Steve, glad to see you back online.

Gav
  • monkeyboy_garth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    monkeyboy_garth polycounter lvl 9
    Cool, thanks for posting. I have to agree with EQ and Makkon. It probably isn't an issue but it would be nice if Gav's bighuge monster was replaced with something of yours if you have something. I know it's a wip animation, but it looks a bit strange because he doesn't appear anywhere else on your site yet.

The rock-climbing guy stood out to me, he looked like his legs were moving just a bit too fast.

The rest of the stuff I saw looked bad ass though. I'd like to see some larger versions so I can see it in more detail. I liked the slight rock the boat/cargo net climbing clip had. The bear stuff is cool too (not sure about the run cycle though). I think your humans move nicely, I have to say.
  • StephenVyas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Gentlemen, helpful comments all around.
    Cheers Gav, good to be back wink.gif Time for a Beer soon eh?
  • StephenVyas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Recent updates.
    The Kungfu kicks , Rock Climbing and CargoClimb clips have been slowed down each between %20-30. Thank you Makkon ,Dekard, and Monkeyboy_garth for pointing them out.
    As for the background, in the near future, it'll most likely be replaced by numerous sequential shots of Gav's Bighuge monster from the w.i.p. animation. Thanks goes out to Earthquake/monkeyboy_garth for the observations.
  • diZzyWalnut
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    diZzyWalnut polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    The coolest thing on your site is the large monster, too bad its not your work, and its displayed much larger than any of your work.

Your anims are good, but the first thing you think when you see the site is, hey cool model!.... Oh, its not his.....

[/ QUOTE ]
    ??? All my respect goes to You Earthquake (sincerely), but I think that it's NOT the point of his work.
    He's an animator so ...

I like the Bear's animations ( probably & simply cause I love the animals), then Motorbike show really the motion flow as Matrix style, cool !

It's true - for Rock climbing - the character climb TOOOOO
    EASY WAY ,
    looks like some Amphetamine Man crazy.gif
    so don't forget make some "break", give him more weight at his ass and don't hesitate to slide him down 2-3 metres.

<u>Cool work</u> wink.gif
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    the animations look great, however the rock climber for some reason I want to see his right foot slip when he went high with it and see you play with his weight there.

otherwise - awesome stuff

edit:

and oh... I don't know about that filtered Akuma on your title bar. but that's not really a big deal, heh, nitpicking.
  • StephenVyas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm begining to like this forum, lots of good feedback still coming in.
    Thanks DizzyWalnut and BounchFx. Listening to the feedback on the climbing animations is making me wish I still had access to those max files at the studio. Suppose having just a slowed down render of the movie will have to suffice, until there's something worthwhile to put up in it's place.
    Thought a little on the akuma title bar. Asthetically, it was hard on the eyes as it grabbed too much attention. Reducing the the opacity linearly over the three poses to tie it more into the background, helped a tad.