Home General Discussion

Timeshift live action promo video

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
ebagg polycounter lvl 17
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24531.html

Pretty badass little promo there! I was happy to hear they went back and redid the game, the original demo was mediocre over a year ago, then they decided the change a ton about it and so far all the new footage looks pretty sweet!

This video doesn't have much to do about the game other than showing the protagonist in action, kinda viral I guess?

Replies

• Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    I liked the old demo a lot more than the new demo, sadly. frown.gif

This one reminds me of Red Faction 2. Tiny maps and simple gameplay built around a gimmick. Similar art/level design, too, now that I think of it...
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    I think if the pull it off well its not just a gimmick, but a great gameplay feature that allows the character to take on tons of enemies at once.
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]
    I think if the pull it off well its not just a gimmick, but a great gameplay feature that allows the character to take on tons of enemies at once.

[/ QUOTE ]

My problem was that the demo consisted of tiny, awkward rooms, where you used weak, unimpressive firearms against small amounts of unflinching and uninteresting enemies. I actually enjoyed the first dmeo, but I barely even tolerated finishing this one. Dunno, maybe I didn't give it a fair chance, I'll probably rent the full game when it comes out.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Nope, I'm inclined to agree Suprore. The demo was terribly dull which was actually exacerbated by the time mechanic because it made you effectively invulnerable. Locate enemy. Pause time. Shoot enemy. Unpause. Wait for time controller thingy to recharge. Repeat ad infinitum et nauseum.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    I was wondering about that, do they balance it at all to provide a challenge?
  • Uly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Uly polycounter lvl 17
    Holy shit, was that Duke Nukem doing the ESRB warning?
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    yeah I agree, I liked the original demo better..

I couldn't fucking stand this one.. it wasn't even the time mechanic.. it was just the controls.. they felt awkward and terrible. turned it off after 5-6 min. never want to play that trash again.
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    that video just makes me wish they'd have gone with third person instead
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    Three guys to rob that tiny store?

How much would each take home? Thirteen dollars?
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]
    Three guys to rob that tiny store?

How much would each take home? Thirteen dollars?

[/ QUOTE ]

There was only two robbers, and if you can get the checker to open the safe there can be a few hundred to a few grand. Not a big score, but enough money for bills or drugs I suppose.
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
  • nitzmoff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nitzmoff polycounter lvl 18
    The commercial is pure cheese, but I like it when companies take the time to try things like this (remember the live action Metroid one?). They stand out in my mind over the usual not-from-the-game-but-trying-to-fool-the-layman-viewer CG commercials we so often see.

The old Ratchet and Clank commercials (before they were done to death) were great examples of unconventional television ads.