wolferey polycounter lvl 11
Guess I'll break my board virginity today,
hi everybody, im h

Replies

• HEx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HEx
    hey! looks like you got a decent silhouette going on, you should try to add in more detail in the musslework and anatomy.
  • vahl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vahl polycounter lvl 18
  • wolferey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HEx: Thanks, I'm still studying anatomy, its not my strongside to be frank (nor was drawing tongue.gif), but I will continue and try to draw in more details whenever I can ^^

vahl: hehe skaarj and predator has been my inspiration tongue.gif
  • HEx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HEx
    Usually, when beginners start to draw, they dont know where they should begin, or how they should proceed to make it look "real" there is a long road of studying behind this, so i will just hint to you how you should start: First off, when you start on a character, you should think on how you want it. second thing is to make proportions of you character, more or less the body-and-head-hight-rule, like all the dimentions of the body, like how long is the torso compared to the legs and arms and so on. All these rules you can find on google. just serch for "art+proportions" you will probebly get decent results, it might take some serching though im not 100% sure, it was a long time ago i did it myself.
    the third thing is, to know the basic muscle structure, after you have done your skeleton drawing of your character you can add the muscles on it, and everything will fall in to place.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    To simplify what HEx said, find yourself some decent photographic reference (fineart.sk is generally a good starting point) and work from that.

Doesn't Ursus mean bear in Latin?
  • Slash
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slash polycounter lvl 19
    Det er noe feil med oppsettet ditt! :P

A common newbie mistake is to draw everything they dont know how to draw as nondescript shapes that sort of resemble what they are supposed to be. The only way to combat this is either to find good photo reference (the quick fix) or study anatomy, and learn the shape and function of each muscle group. I've done a little paintover to demonstrate one of the tricky areas, that i often see people struggle with.

skaarj.jpg

The pectoralis (light red) attaches to the humerus (upper arm bone), and overlaps the biceps (dark blue). Both of these are overlapped by the deltoid (light green) that attaches to the humerus between the biceps and the triceps (pink). The Brachioradialis (phew, what a name... its easier to remember if you split it in two, brachio-radialis. yellow) attaches to the humerus and defines most of the forearm shape, along with the flexors group. (dark red)

Og slik g
  • HEx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HEx
    [ QUOTE ]
    To simplify what HEx said, find yourself some decent photographic reference (fineart.sk is generally a good starting point) and work from that.

Doesn't Ursus mean bear in Latin?

[/ QUOTE ]

heh, yeah ^^
    Ursus, hmm i think the right word for bear is Ursa, but i don't know for sure.
  • wolferey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jackablade: Yeah, it is latin for bear. We found the working name fitting to descripe the alien race in that they are physically strong and have the battle endurance and hunting instict of the bear. We will see if it sticks around, stuff like that is always subject to change.

Slash: /norwegian mode
    hehe, hele tiden feil med oppsettet vet du tongue.gif
    s