Home General Discussion

where do you hang out

Ruz
polycount lvl 666
Offline / Send Message
Ruz polycount lvl 666
well I enjoy hanging out in trendy bars these days,but we tend to buy a bottle of vodka before we go out snd sneak it in to our glsses in the pubs we visit..
so where do you guys hang out

Replies

• JDinges
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JDinges polycounter lvl 18
    Wherever my kids be.
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18

Un-urban coffe shop. really weird little place with cool people. tasty coffee.

(in LA)
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    we went to pub called orwells tonight in islington. great place , cool as fuck.nice big couches
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    I usually toss some beers back at Rio Grande or Coastal Flats, both are a short walk from the apartment and Mythic HQ
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
  • Carl Brannstrom
    Home, pub or forest
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    you drink in the forest?
  • Richard Kain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Richard Kain polycounter lvl 18
    I generally don't get out much. Not exactly the adventurous sort. But when I do hang out, I like to do it in more sedate environments. Coffe-houses are the norm, as well as bookstores and libraries. Very much like reading, and quiet places where that activity can be enjoyed to its fullest.
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    i know what you mean kind of. I like quiet pubs/bars with a good environment, though I like people and bit of fun at times.
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    I usually like to drink with friends over at my house. Last time we had a party here was for my girlfriend's birthday and after some drinking games I ended up in my Spartan outfit. What is my Spartan outfit you ask? It is when I get nude with the exception of my boxers rolled up into a nicely packed thong. A few of my guy friends stopped talking to me after that party.

As far as just hanging out, I just moved to Denton so I don't really know of a lot of places, but where I used to live (New Braunfels) there was a LAN center that I used to work at part time that I loved hanging out at. In Denton there is a weird drink shop with run by Asians that has big couches and sells all kinds of weird smoothies and milkshakes that are sealed with Pikachu, Hello Kitty, and DragonBallZ plastic tops.
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    ha ha sonic , how many beers before you change???
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    Well sometimes when walking around the house I'll throw on my Spartan uniform and walk back in forth in front of my girlfriend just for the hell of it :P

But in order for me to do it around others, it usually requires some odd combination of tequila and vodka (and maybe some paint residue or dirt) wink.gif
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    well i am playing some kasabian and then am going to bed , i am fucked in the mindpipe, altough i am sitting in the nude playing buddist chants:)
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    cocaine decisions frank zappa
  • Snowfly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snowfly polycounter lvl 18
    that would make you a nudist buddhist ruz.

i like hanging out anywhere with good drinks, girls, and good company, live music and jazz bars being my top picks. next to hanging out at home. can't take too much doof doof music though. smile.gif
  • Carl Brannstrom
    [ QUOTE ]
    you drink in the forest?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it happends. It's nice when you get tired of all assholes downtown. Just into the dark forest and have a nice BBQ or something.

When I think about it, it sounds like a typical redneck kind of thing lol
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    Usually a variety of bars around LA that aren't too pretentious, have a line, or have a cover. I tend to avoid those places. The funny thing is that I don't drink. It's just funny going and seeing my friends drink.
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    the Tyne bar on the mouth of the Ouseburn, then off for some pool at Hustlers
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    I don't really drink, other than poker night at my place.
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    dohh, now for t hANGOVER
  • seforin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seforin polycounter lvl 17
    I like to go out to bars and such , but my friends ideas of a good time is going the movies and going home.

there excuse to me is , all I want to do is get drunk, my excuse back is I just wanna not sit on my ass another 2 hours when I just spent the past 9 in front of a pc god damnit
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    seforin, its nice to do other stuff rather than get drunk, but once a week I really have to hang out in pubs or i would probably go insane:)
    When I was working we used to go out quite a lot , but I have cut right back recently.
    But yeah sounds like your friends need to go to the bars with you and have a bit of fun.
  • Xaltar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xaltar polycounter lvl 17
    I hang out at home with the wife and a few movies. On occasion we get a couple of bottles of Rakia, Bulgarian brandy I think its called overseas, usually we get the one made of grapes. Or a nice bottle of 12 year old single malt whisky. I don't speak Bulgarian so we pretty much just stay at home frown.gif
  • seforin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seforin polycounter lvl 17
    ruz I work a night job as a security guy I work part time in the this small casual game company and I working on my demo reel non stop, and my buddies think Im trying to go out to get drunk or go to the club, when they do other things during there week

Im literally infont of a pc almost every single day of every single hour,

hell Im surprised I dont have a usb port coming out of my head now days.

Reason im saying I wanna get out of here desperately

FLORIDA FAILS!
  • Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
    It depends where I am Really. But usually I do get-togethers with friends at apartments or homes. I mean, I'm not much of a partier, but getting together with friends for a night of heavy drinking is always a wonderful thing.
  • Asmuel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asmuel polycounter lvl 17
    Out the car window with my tongue flapping in the wind
    Out in some noisy bogan bar around town
    Out of the left pant leg of my boxers

Besides that I'm hanging out in front of the computer, usually trolling polycount.
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    yeah sounds like a bit of a bind seforin , but i am sure at some point it will get better. My first job I was earning 4,000 pounds a year as a junior accountant. That job really stank.
    I also worked at tk maxx for a year whilst putting together demo reels/mods etc so i know how you feel man.

Just been for a nice walk in the park with the missus. lovely morning apart from the hangover.
    Normally you have an energy thing going on with a hangover, but around 11 I will probably crash and sleep all day
  • nealb4me
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nealb4me polycounter lvl 18
    I would hang out a lot more if I wasn't working and studying at the same time. I dig chilling in coffee joints or bookshops like borders. I do go out with friends for dinner and a drink every now and then. Oh and once my car is on the road I will very likely be permanently sideways in it haha. (modified soarer coupe).
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    yeah I like coffee shops too. nice to kill a few hours, cause generally the bookshops have a coffee shop on the top floor and you can take books in to read
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    As far as just hanging out, I just moved to Denton so I don't really know of a lot of places, but where I used to live (New Braunfels) there was a LAN center that I used to work at part time that I loved hanging out at. In Denton there is a weird drink shop with run by Asians that has big couches and sells all kinds of weird smoothies and milkshakes that are sealed with Pikachu, Hello Kitty, and DragonBallZ plastic tops.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hah, I know that place. Is it by the UNT campus?

I'm not fond of denton though. Reminds me too much of my hometown.

I live in Flower Mound, just about 10 minutes south of Denton on 35E.

My place is the hang out for all my friends. A giant tv usually does that.