Home General Discussion

IGDA Meetings in Boston area

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
Hey just wanted to see if anyone from around these parts goes to this get together once a month. I am living in Maine and well there is not much here for game artists and the like so I figured I would drive down some night and get a hotel and meet up with a few of you guys and gals.

Plus while I'm down in that area I am gonna swing by the Ikea that's not too far away and pick up some new items.

Let me know if you guys go to this and I'll try to make sure i can make it. Would be interesting to meet some of you guys I haven't met before.

Replies

• blankslatejoe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    blankslatejoe polycounter lvl 19
    occassionally some of the guys from 38 and Ironlore go to the post mortems, but not too many of us. I did go to the idga bioshock review last week--it was pretty packed, close to 200 people there--I saw people from bluefang, turbine, irrational (2kboston), ironlore, and a lot of smaller studios/freelancers and of course, a lot of students/educational peoples. In general though it's supposedly not so crowded, but Boston's idga stuff is fairly active.
  • obson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    obson polycounter lvl 17
    I don't usually go since there doesn't seem to be a lot of art related subjects at them. I meant to go for the bioshock review, but totally spaced on it the day of frown.gif
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i just want to be around some like minded folks. Being a freelance guy that lives in central maine doesn't do much for personal contact with other artists.
  • ChaosEidolon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ChaosEidolon polycounter lvl 17
    Yeah the Bioshock one was packed. We had a little Turbine posse over there, but it was my 1st time going and i hear that it was kinda unusual for it to be that packed.

I had my nick on my tag hoping id meet some polycounters but alas I met none! haha

You know what we need...a Polycount drinking night. Theres a shitload of guys on PC in the area, and what better thing to do in Boston than get your booze on. Who's with me?
    Would be cool to meet everyone face to face.

Maybe we can arrange it around the next Post Mortem so Jesse can get in on the action. wink.gif
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    I've yet to actually go to an IGDA meeting. I really should...

We need some green top hats to help identify each other at such things.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hell yeah Polycount drinking night sounds good to me. Hell it doesn't even have to be around the meetings as i need to get down that way and get some stuff from ikea so it would be cool to meet some people, have a few drinks and get out for a bit.
  • stoofoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    stoofoo polycounter lvl 18
    Like I told Mr. Eidolon before, I can always be convince to imbibe copious amounts of spirits. As far as the IGDA stuff goes-- you are not missing too much Sectaurs. It's usually rather off topics--almost never art related in the least.