Home General Discussion

happy independence day

...to all the indians [and pakistanis] on this board. 60 years of freedom yay!
i'd like to see what u polycounters think of india, particularly if u've visited. what you think india could do better this time around etc. etc.
be honest.

oh, and all u guys in canada, watch Omni 2 at 8pm Eastern Time. i'm gonna be on the news laugh.gif gave an interview. remember, name's Abhishek Chaudhry. i be on tv yay!

cheers
jai hind

Replies

• Hito
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hito interpolator
    Cheers!

I don't know much about india besides monsoons; movies where the cast breaks out into song and dance; and source of two great religions.
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    I've never visited, but India as a whole definitely has very interesting culture. I dated an Indian girl for quite a while, and I was exposed to a lot of culture I otherwise would have missed. For example, I attended the Hindu temple a few times. It was definitely an experience to be remembered.

Oh yeah, and the food kicks ass as well.
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    Cheers!

So glad that you were an English colony at one point otherwise the British still wouldn't have any clue what good food is.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Wooo! Happy Independence to ya guys.

I think I'm going to grab some curry for lunch laugh.gif
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]
    Wooo! Happy Independence to ya guys.

I think I'm going to grab some curry for lunch laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hot damn I gotta get me some curry too! Some day I gotta visit India, I have a friend from there and she tells me great things. Happy Independence day, from one country who kicked out england to another! grin.gif
  • TheWinterLord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheWinterLord polycounter lvl 17
    India is a great Country! Only one thing i didnt like, (except getting sick in the mountains) The food, its nothing like indian restaurants here in Sweden or in Dubai... I dont like McDonalds and I definetly dont like McDonalds in India.

Ah also Air India, because of the food Indians eat they can smell alot this I noticed first on busses and thought no big deal, however on the plane the smell for so long... (i got used to it though) I love the energy in Indian movies :P. there were pee floating out from the toilets and my friend noticed this by taking off his shoes and... well you get it.
    when i was just about to sleep, closing my eyes, i see a cockaroach on the seat infront of me. (kept me awake hehe)

I doubt that others will have the same experience as me hehe but now when I think back about it I think is fun.

I was camping on tiger hill up in the north, India is so beautiful.
  • swampbug
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    swampbug polycounter lvl 18
  • spacemonkey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    spacemonkey polycounter lvl 18
    don't say the British never gave you anything to celebrate! laugh.gif
  • Asmuel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asmuel polycounter lvl 17
    I had curry for breakfast lunch and dinner today, purely coincidence! I shit you not! smile.gif

Good shit India, you make awesome foods cool.gif
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    Ah, polycount ... India kicked out "england", curry rocks, and indians smell "alot" ... Y'know, for a forum known for its grating po-faced sincerity you're a real cut up sometimes

Very happy for your 60 years, and contrary to what a load of thughead wankers would tell you the vast majority of the british people are really grateful for what our two countries achieved together.

I'm wondering though ... Is it really known as "independence day"?
  • indian_boy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haha thanks for all the support guys! glad u love curry! as for the smell, yeah, our food tends to do that to some of us! [though i swear i smell not like that, for i have not the food that smell like that laugh.gif]

oh, and yes air india sux, but DAMN u had a real shitty experience! i never had it that bad! lol.

oh, and danr... yes indeedy, we call it "independence day".

once again, thanks for all the support, and if u guys didn't see me on OMNI, i'll like upload it onto youtube or something lol.... weeeeee!

jai hind!
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    Such a patriotic fellow you are Abhishek.
    I live with a Fiji Indian, which I know is substantially different, but the both of us have often talked about doing a trip to India sometime in the future.
    Mad props for making it on TV and hope you had a great Independence Day.

-caseyjones
  • indian_boy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks CJ! you should definately go to india! its a great tourist spot [though we don't advertise it].

btw:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRfEwsLsFBU
    now you know how i look laugh.gif! [sorry for bad camera and stuff... i was in a rush to film the TV laugh.gif]
  • Snowfly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snowfly polycounter lvl 18
    Finally an excuse to dive into some sticky fatty curry! Happy independence day!

Indians make a huge chunk of the population down here in sg, in fact two indians i know professionally are in management positions, one in IT, the other is an art director and runs a game company. My office is also right across the street from a Hindu temple, indians are a very traditional people even in a super secular place like singapore. you see them roaming the streets topless and in bright yellow pants around deepavali.. i'd have to step over some guy who passed out drunk on the street. one thing i will say is, they sure know how to party. smile.gif I have a crush on the indian girl working upstairs from my studio, haha.

Might actually fly to india this year. One of my friends, a filipino, grew up in bombay/mumbai and he's been badgering me to go down there for a visit. it's his favorite city, and he's lived everywhere. smile.gif

Is it true jai hindi means hip hip hooray?
  • indian_boy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    "jai hind" means "long live india!" but yeah, jai means "hail" so like "jai Snowfly" means "hail snowfly" or "go snowfly" or "yeah u is tha shit Snowfly"

oh and ha. yeah we've got this drink called bhang. strongest alcohol evar.... makes u laugh like crazy for some reason.
    but if u are planning to go to india, and need tips on tourist spots, you know how to reach me laugh.gif!

and cool. lots of ppl with crushes on indian girls lol. and back home in india we drool for 'westerners' lol.