Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
    Looks great! I really can't wait.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Looks very cool indeed, nice job Rockstar folks!
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    Looking very sexy. I'll get it at launch for sure.
  • warby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    warby polycounter lvl 18
    like it better than the first trailer
  • Mister Sentient
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mister Sentient polycounter lvl 18
    Anyone know if there is going to be a PC version?
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    Looks good. That's all I'm gonna say.

*cues Jack Thompson*
  • Mongrelman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
    Really looking forward to the game, trailer looks great smile.gif
  • r13
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    r13 founder
    Hurry up with the game, so we can lick it!
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Looks interesting. I'm wondering how much larger the game is than say, Crackdown. Just trying to figure out why a lot of the textures are so low res.
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    What's the music? I like it...
    Also, one of my favorite bits from the video is when he's hanging from the back of the truck. It's a small, inane feature, but I know that it will provide me hours of fun regardless...
    Such is the world of video games.
  • Slipstream
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slipstream polycounter lvl 19
    From GameVideos
    Music is "The Bogs - Arm in Arm (The Shy child Remix)"
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    jesus christ ! looking really amazing, i think its gonna be better than san andreas laugh.gif
  • indian_boy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i remember an article [or did some1 tell me] that "Rockstar has never had the greatest graphics... but the gameplay owns..."

lol. now Rockstar seems to have both?

loving every second of this trailer!!
  • Luxury
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Luxury polycounter lvl 18
    I just pray that Microsoft fixes their little hardware manufacturing problems before this comes out because there's no way I'm making it through this winter without a) a 360 and b) this game.
  • Asmuel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asmuel polycounter lvl 17
    One of the few games my cheap ass is going to fork out money for, along with perhaps mass effect. In the same boat as you Luxury :P
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    I think I may buy a game for my ps3.
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]
    I just pray that Microsoft fixes their little hardware manufacturing problems before this comes out because there's no way I'm making it through this winter without a) a 360 and b) this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Word is all new xboxs (and newly repaired xboxes) feature a new cooling system, so I'd say you'll be pretty safe by winter. smile.gif
  • masterofbater
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    masterofbater polycounter lvl 17
    I still think vice city was the best!! 80's radio ruled.. frown.gif boo I never got to finish andreas.. too much stuff to do, all i did was hump hookers and tag walls...
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    Looks fucking sweet!
    GTAIII is one of my favourite games and I played it to death. Been playing Saints Row quite a fair bit while waiting for this one! Buying it at launch without question!
    Congrats to all the Polycounters that worked on it, I'm sure you guys have a great game here.

-caseyjones
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    For you 360 owners, there is a free Picture pack and Dashboard theme for download.
  • conte
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    conte polycounter lvl 18
    vice city wuz best, lez luk what we'll get this time...
  • Asmuel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vice was my fav until I played San Andreas all the way through. Initially I thought San Andreas was shit but I love how open ended it is, can basically go do whatever you want wherever you want. No deserts in GTA:IV frown.gif or planes etc. just NYC, but Im sure it will turn out great anyway.
  • SkullboX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SkullboX polycounter lvl 18
    Man this trailer is awesome, even better than the Vice City ones. Unlike other game trailers, this looked more like a movie trailer than a game trailer. Looks like a Scorsese movie.

The trailer does suggest a slightly 'deeper' plotline, unlike the previous games were the trailers made it obvious it was about having fun, killing and stealing cars. If that's true I'm curious to how that works out.

I just hope there's gonna be a pc version at some point. :/
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    I got mine preordered, and I want it badly! :P
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Finally, it seems that the game is getting more depth. Just what i've wanted from gta style games.
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    While I love how the game looks to be becoming more in depth and realistic, it does seem a bit worrisome to me. I enjoy the unrealistic cartoony superficial violence of other GTA games, but I don't want to become emotionally involved in a realistic plot where I'm murdering people for fun. When I play a game, I like to play as though I was the character. By giving these characters really strong motivations, it all starts to feel more realistic.

I'm not sure I want to play a game as a sociopath...
  • Geezus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Geezus mod
    Aesir: It's funny, that's why I didn't like San Andreas. I really didn't like the character at all. I loved the gameplay, but there didn't seem to be a point to CJ killing people. He could have left at anytime, unlike Tommy from Vice City. I don't think this character is going to be "murdering people for fun", though. It looks like he's in a situation that warrants killing.

Besides, it's a game :P You can distance yourself enough to enjoy the game for what it is.

Awesome video, I'm stoked! So many great titles coming out around then, so little money. :/
  • Mister Sentient
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mister Sentient polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    While I love how the game looks to be becoming more in depth and realistic, it does seem a bit worrisome to me. I enjoy the unrealistic cartoony superficial violence of other GTA games, but I don't want to become emotionally involved in a realistic plot where I'm murdering people for fun. When I play a game, I like to play as though I was the character. By giving these characters really strong motivations, it all starts to feel more realistic.

[/ QUOTE ]

The main characters in GTA have always been psychopaths. That's the point. Who in their right mind would run over pedestrians in a car?
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]

Who in their right mind would run over pedestrians in a car?

[/ QUOTE ]

old people, the blind, and gang bangers when they run out of bullets.
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The main characters in GTA have always been psychopaths. That's the point. Who in their right mind would run over pedestrians in a car?

[/ QUOTE ]

The point that I was making was that in previous GTA incarnations, it was a tounge in cheek comedy. A bit dark, but still just cartoony violence on par with an anvil being dropped on bugs bunny. Now the franchise seems to be taking itself seriously. Running over a pedestrian in a comedic film is very different from running over one is a dramatic character study film.

This game seems to be about an immigrant who traveled to America to realize his dreams. When his dreams are shattered and he learns that America isn't all its cracked up to be, he turns to a life of crime. I'd love to play a game with a plot like that, but I don't want to play it where I'm running over little kids after just car jacking some old lady. You can't have it both ways.
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    I agree with you aesir, my favorite GTA was GTA1 and maybe 2 really. Little sprites splatting was quite silly. The others have been good but I dont enjoy the way they take themselves so seriously. I dont really like this "the future of games is realism" angle, Its not funny if I shoot a character and his intestines fall out and he starts to cry in pain and beg for mercy...Its just not fun, its too real.
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
    correct me if i am wrong, but in the GTA series you don't have to kill innocent people to beat the game. i heard a rumor that its going to be ps3 exclusive for a few months before it launches on the other consoles. don't know how true it is, and i haven't done any research what so ever on the matter, so it could be all hogwash. does look pretty sweet, i dig the lighting, still not so hot on the characters though. still very nice looking overall.
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    correct me if i am wrong, but in the GTA series you don't have to kill innocent people to beat the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I also don't have to buy the game. I'm just whining about the direction the franchise appears to be taking.

GTA2 was my favorite frown.gif
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well shit... Looks like we have to wait even fucking longer now.

God damn it.

http://videogames.yahoo.com/news-525119
  • Asmuel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Damn you Jesse for making me thing there was a new trailer by posting in this thread, and instead getting the news of a delay! Haha just kidding, it does suck spider balls though! I fucking hate waiting forever for games, my excitement gradually turns into anger mad.gif shit fuck piss mad.gif
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    I hate that it was delayed so long, but at least that will give me more time to enjoy the huge amount of other awesome looking games coming out this Q4.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    I hate that it was delayed so long, but at least that will give me more time to enjoy the huge amount of other awesome looking games coming out this Q4.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah it just saved me some money so I can pick up Assassins Creed, the new Splinter Cell, Guitar Hero 3, Rock Band. It's gonna be so expensive for all these games and now I'll have something to pick up next spring.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Blame Sony ^_^
    It was delayed due to "PS3 development issues". Darn it!
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Keg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Keg polycounter lvl 18
    the ps3 dev issues is what one guy is speculating. I havn't heard anything official stating the real reasons.

People are saying alot of things. Basically the ps3 is causing the issues and the delay for all systems is because of a contract with sony to not give microsoft an advantage.

It sucks that it's delayed, but that gives the team more time to release a less buggy game, plus as mentioned before saves a couple dollars over the fall which will be flooded with quality games to play.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Fuck sony.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly...
  • acc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    acc polycounter lvl 18
    No no no, it's:

"Fuck Sony for forcing us to use a fucking fancy new processor that requires new programming techniques that require a lot of development time to figure out how to actually use."

-and-

"Fuck Microsoft for sticking us with a console that doesn't have a goddamn harddrive by default how the fuck are we supposed to stream this entire world with no loading screens off a goddamn DVD?"
  • Keg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Keg polycounter lvl 18
    Rumor is they are going to allow dev's to have games require a hd for the 360.
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    Plus, the GTA3 family of games started on the ps2, and it certainly didn't have a harddrive.
  • Asmuel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    "Fuck Microsoft for sticking us with a console that doesn't have a goddamn harddrive by default"

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know anyone who didn't buy one with a HD, and you can buy a HD for the cheap version. I don't see how making it more affordable with a downgraded version is such a terrible thing.
  • Striff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Striff polycounter lvl 18
    Oh well...at least its something to look forward to...and more time to play Crysis, HL2 Orange Box, Unreal Tournament 3, Guitar Hero 3, Assassins Creed...etc...
  • Davision3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Davision3D polycounter
    Crysis is delayed too! frown.gif
    But if UT3 really will be released in november im happy. smile.gif
  • acc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    acc polycounter lvl 18
    "Plus, the GTA3 family of games started on the ps2, and it certainly didn't have a harddrive."
    The GTA3 family looked and ran like shit on the PS2. If that's a standard Rockstar wants to maintain, then hey I guess there's no problem. But seeing as they want things to look much better this time around, the limited DVD streaming rate makes life difficult.

"I don't know anyone who didn't buy one with a HD, and you can buy a HD for the cheap version. I don't see how making it more affordable with a downgraded version is such a terrible thing."
    Microsoft states again and again that the Core SKU is an integral part of their strategy. If it's true that no one bought it then why are they still making it and pushing it so hard? That's a huge cash drain. Sony dropped their low-end PS3 SKU right off the bat when it wouldn't sell and that wasn't even nearly as gimped.

Why this is terrible is because it encourages development for the lowest common denominator. The game gets scaled back to avoid losing all of the Core owner sales (and because the adoption rate on the 360 is so high, we're talking potentially millions of copies). And if you're just supposed to buy an HD for the Core... why have a core? Xbox HD's are hideously overpriced, that makes it a more expensive "affordable" console (it's not like a PS3 where you can just slot in any hard drive you want).

Yes, I sincerely hope Rockstar can manage to force Microsoft to let them require the hard drive, but that is Microsoft's call. At the end of the day they might just decide "Hey, we don't want to make the Core look useless and hurt our brand, so you can't require the HD" and that's that.

Also I never said they that there is no possible way to make it work, only that it is hard and is likely one of the major reasons for the delay. Perhaps they can pull it off without the HD, but it certainly isn't easy.
  • Striff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Striff polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Crysis is delayed too! frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it got delayed...they just announced its coming out November 16th...