Home General Discussion

[Video Art]

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Pavel polycounter lvl 10
Hi everyone!

I am interested about all conceptual/experimental/amatory video installation and performance. Stuff, tips, links and etc...

Wiki has given me many material for brainstorm.

But anyway i wish know what you think or know about this.

For example, is awesome performance from Teargas & Plateglass. On their site you will find three videos on trip hop music. One of my favorite band. Of course this videos is not so impressive, just mirrors effect. But together with music this is something!

links:

Xplsv.tv - Awesome resource

Videoart.net - Good archive with many video materials

Andras Ketzer homepage with three nice clips

Mystified - Efreeti (20 Mb) - some experimental movie with cuttings from old b/w cinema.

UNKLE - Tracier
UNKLE - Guns Blazing

Someone has ideas where it's possible to take interesting video material?
For downloading and in hi quality:)

Ok. If you have links or something about this. POST IT!

<font color="#353535">mirror</font>

Replies

• sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    I'm going to throw a guess out there as to why no one has replied since I read your earlier posts where you were asking:

Your post reads like it came from a drunk Nigerian scammer.
  • Pavel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pavel polycounter lvl 10
    Ah...ok...thanks Sonic...
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    Just kidding. Sorry if I was mean smile.gif

But really though, are you using a translator? Like Google translator? Because it is hard to make out what you're saying.
  • Pavel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pavel polycounter lvl 10
    2 sonic
    yes, i use another translator for some words...but isn't really understand what i mean?
    in my post is more link than text...
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    there was this band i found a couple years ago that incorporated video art into their live shows, and used their guitars to do real-time editing of video for the show.

Was a trip... can't remember the name of the band to save my life though, trying to find their stuff.

edit: a link from a friend of mine from school, 4 or so years ago

http://digitalarts.bgsu.edu/portfolios/chess/
    http://www.gigxl.com/public/content2.php?category=reel&category2=0&category3=1
    think that is his new site, under experiments is his video stuff. I went to his show for this, one of our other friends was writing music in real time as he'd edit and create the video in real time to the music. Was pretty rad.

his show reel is pretty sick smile.gif

he's currently doing motion graphics for some major networks. has a wild style, is a really cool dude.
  • Pavel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pavel polycounter lvl 10
    2 moose
    that is nice...thanks for links...really good experimental and graphics video
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Moose: i'd be interested to know the name of that band, should you suddenly remember it. If i was richer, i'd incorporate some midi-knobs and sliders into my guitar for exactly that purpose. Hmm, maybe i should tape a Wiimote to the neck to control visuals, that'd be cool laugh.gif
    edit: for live visuals, createdigitalmotion.com is really nice. Its musical sister, createdigitalmusic.com, is a great resource as well.
    edit again!: Brian Eno (yes, THE) is doing a video installation right now, i think, and it looks quite interesting. It's called 77 Million Paintings, and you can find some of the stuff on youtube, as well as on http://www.77millionpaintings.com

I checked out the reel you linked to, Moose, and it's quite lovely. I like his simplistic stuff more than his "floaty-transparant-3d-stuff-intersecting"-stuff, but he does both very well, regardless. D'you know what he uses for this?
    For you programmer-minded folk, check out processing.org, i've seen some simply fantastic stuff done in it.
  • conte
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    conte polycounter lvl 18
    yep Pavel, learn english!(translated by google)
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    Pea, i'm not sure what he did the USA,MTV,TnT stuff in, but i can only imagine it was After Effects.

In school, he did a lot of mixing of "media," would use Maya and create crazy fucked up meshes, animate them, then use them and manipulate them on a 2d plane as track masks and whatever. That was probably as complex as he went with some of the things I saw (there is one clip in the reel of a transparent robot with a plug being plugged in that i remember him working on there, was pretty much all Maya and shader work).

From the looks of the reel though, I'd think its After Effects but I'm realy not sure. I can find out though, have been meaning to touch base with him. Haven't talked to him in a few years.

i'll dig through my cd's this week and try to find that band, my initial searches came up with nuthin. frown.gif