Home General Discussion

Tattoo design

ngon master
Offline / Send Message
almighty_gir ngon master
Hey guys, i dunno if this should fall under requests or whatever... but would some talented artist out there like to expand on the Polycount green smiley logo? spice it up a bit, make it look hardcore, so i can go and get it painted perminently onto my body as the ultimate sign of alegiance?

Replies

• Psyk0
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Psyk0 polycounter lvl 18
    Are you drunk? =0

I thought kp's DWII design was awesome...anyway get naked chicks or skulls, they never go out of style!.
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    I was actually thinking about this same thing a few months ago. I was thinkign about getting killingpeople's version done.
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    dude, you don't post nearly enough to be a hardcore polycounter yet. I FORBID you from getting such a tattoo until you have 10,000 posts.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    YOU CAN FORBID ME ALL YOU WANT BUT IT WON'T STOP ME!!!
    /teenagerebel

seriously, i've been wanting something like this for ages, i think it'd be proper pimp... so what if i don't post much, this forum is like my e-home.
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    meh i dunno , using a tatoo of a messageboard always seems a bit lame imo :P
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
  • Snowfly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snowfly polycounter lvl 18
    kp's greentooth did look badass...make sure you've got a good fib though. you know like couples who meet over craig's list will be telling their grandkids it was actually a swanky bar. polycount's a frat house anyway...
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    meh i dunno , using a tatoo of a messageboard always seems a bit lame imo :P

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT!

[/b]DON'T DO IT![/b]
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    Pfft. It's just a tattoo.

Go for it. Good design is good design, doesn't matter where it comes from.

I'd get the normal one, though. its all classic.
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    i agree tats that are linked to things always seem like a bad idea. unless its something verry personal. in 2 years you could have a huge falling out with a moderator here and be banned for life. then every time you look at the tat you will cry.

I prefer tats that are decorations and not really linked to anything besides just art.

on a second thought how old are you? i would suggest holding off on tats till after the age of 25. thats the age most normal people stop being idiots. I got a tat when i was younger and now i look at it and am like "holy shit this sucks i was such an idiot. but i still like my other one i got around age 29 .. altho in 10 years i may hate it also.
  • Mansir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mansir polycounter lvl 18
    I would draw up a design. Hopefully one that you fall in love with, and then wait at least 3 months to see if you feel the same way about it.

It's always going to be there once you get it, so there shouldn't be any rush as in "OMG, INEED THIS NNOWWW!"

In the meantime you can show your polycount love by (maybe) buying a shirt. (Not sure they are still available?)

Feel free to put the design up here somewhere too! Folks can give you some good advice on what'll work and what doesn't
  • Gav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gav quad damage
    My tattoo artist does cutom designs for free. If you can find a tattoo artist in your area that specializes in custom jobs and not flash art, he may have the same type of deal. You could probably just bring a picture of the green smiley in and have them do something different to it.

People will have different advice for tats, I love mine and plan on getting a ton more...but it's definitely not for everyone.

Gav
  • Ryno
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ryno polycounter lvl 18
    Once you've got an image you like, use it as your desktop image (assuming you use your computer every day), and if after six months you still like it, then consider getting the tat done.
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    everyone i know that has tats, pays like 80 euros to make them and then like 7 times higher to remove them like from 3 to 6 months after.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]
    Once you've got an image you like, use it as your desktop image (assuming you use your computer every day), and if after six months you still like it, then consider getting the tat done.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have tats and I've designed everyone one of them. I think they look good in the right areas and i am glad i have them.

When I'm 60 years old I'll be able to tell my grandkids why grandpa has a mean looking dragon his right arm.
  • Gav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gav quad damage
    Good to hear, Jesse.

Just wanted to chime in again, I don't think it's really fair to say you won't like it because everyone you know regrets theirs or that you need to sit and look at it for months on end to prepare yourself. When I had mine designed (covering my entire lower right leg) I only saw the design minutes before getting the outline applied. I've had it for about a year, have no regrets and look forward to getting more. I think it's just a state of mind, if there's any doubt in your mind...you probably shouldn't get it..and I would bet that the people that regret there's later on either doubted their choice at the time or got the tat under less than perfect circumstances.

Gav
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    Yeah I agree with you on that Gav.

I only have 2 right now. One is from when I played college baseball and was a pitcher. I got a baseball on my inner forearm with flames coming off it. I throw heat so it was something I drew up and was original.

My second one I drew up a design for a dragon with smoke in the background and I had left some parts open to add to it later. I had it done when I was in Singapore and had the chance to go to world renowned tattoo artist johnny two thumbs or whatever his name was. Me and one of my best buddies from the Navy got them together. This is the only dragon you will see like this since he destroyed the design afterwards at my request and I am the only one with a the original drawing.

I plan on adding my sons initials into it with chinese lettering for love, honor, pride and a few other words through out the smoke and have it wrap around my upper arm.

I think tats can be a very sex appealing thing on some people. I don't like the cut and paste ones from flash mags and flash artists so I like the more original designs.

There is actually a Star Wars book coming out soon called The Force in the Flesh or something close to that on all the body art involving the Star Wars universe people have had done.
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    I've been wanting to get a tat for the longest time, I plan on getting an entire sleeve done on my left arm starting with the inner forearm. Still struggling on a design though I know roughly what I want.
    Might get some irezumi style shit when I head over to Japan early next year. Would be sweet.
    Plus I prefer getting tats that mean something rather than some dagger with a snake wrapped around it with a flaming eye on the hilt because it 'looks cool'. But hey, each to their own I guess.

-caseyjones
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    well this forum means a whole bunch to ne. it's where i learned the most about 3d art, and recieved the most help. and i've made some cool friends here. it's also the place that's hopefully started a good career (in the long run) as it's where i was first contacted for some paying model work, even if it's low grade, low pay work, it's still a stepping stone smile.gif

it's either this, or i get a guitar design tattooed on me (i've been playing for like, 9 years).
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    bah someone else who wants my art on their skin smile.gif
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    i want you on my skin wink.gif
  • Jesse Moody
    Options