Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

HeMan and Orko (low poly)

mookster
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
mookster polycounter lvl 18
Just did these over night for CGTalks micro game art challenge. Ran short on time before I got a chance to really work on the sword.
For portfolio purposes Id like to push the textures futher, so any C&C is appreciated.
HeMan: 576 tris, 256*256 texture
hemanturn.jpg
Orko: 354 tris, 128*128 texture
orkoturn.jpg
Sword: 70 tris, 64*128 texture
hemanconstruction.jpg

Replies

• Panupat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Panupat polycounter lvl 15
    He's looking very girly, maybe because of his long legs and short torso. He's also very skinny. I would move his torso way lower and exagerate his muscle a lot more.
  • Honolulu_Ninja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Honolulu_Ninja polycounter lvl 17
    nice. The colours are exactly like in the series, screaming eighties cartoons smile.gif
    I agree what ppenguin said about the legs, they are a bit to long.
    You could also try to put in other colour variations in the skin to make him look less dull. But then maybe he won't look like he did in the series. Try to simply pull contrast up a little.
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    Hah! These are really fun and colorful. I'll echo the crits about the leg thickness. I think the skin could benefit from having a few more color values in it, but overall it looks nice.

poop.gif
  • lkraan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lkraan polycounter lvl 18
    Coolness man! laugh.gif

He should be way more buffed.
    Especially from the side...

heman_orko.jpg
  • mookster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mookster polycounter lvl 18
    lkraan: heh, same image I pulled a few colors from.
    I really appreciate the kind words guys.
    This was done in about 15 hours(including sleep and breaks), saw the challenge said yay and did what I could before time ended. Personally I needed the challenge.
    Including everything that was mentioned, I need to paint out the seems, and fix up the distortion on the legs.
    Thanks again everyone, and Ill put up some better wire shots when I update the texture.
  • neolith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    neolith polycounter lvl 18
    Awesome!

*has childhood flashback* laugh.gif
  • swampbug
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    swampbug polycounter lvl 18
    eternia, Eternia ETERNIA Hooooooooooooooooooo!
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks nothing like Brad Pit... Looks everything like He-Man, cool stuff, I agree with the crits above.
  • Richard Kain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Richard Kain polycounter lvl 18
    His legs should be shorter, and his chest should be bigger. The original He-Man was NOT proportionally correct. Your model is. Aside from that minor complaint, I think you've done a great job with this model. Very nice likeness, very recognizeable. And a really good job on the texture sheet. The solid, bold colors and well-defined shading really bring this low-poly model to life. Textbook example of how to make a very low poly model look fantastic with great texturing.