Home General Discussion

Hot Master Chief man pole, can't save Windows Live

Replies

• jgarland
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It doesn't sound that way to me. There's no "Master Chief man pole" to be found (fortunately). wink.gif

My guess is that the programmers were having a bit of fun with the map editor, snapped a shot of one of the dev's asses, and used it in the .ass error warning, forgetting to take it out when the final game shipped. Here's the image in question:

h2v%20ass%20error.jpg

Edit: Upon further inspection, it would appear that Kotaku made absolutely no attempt whatsoever to figure out what kind of nudity this was, even though they linked to a site with the full explanation AND a picture of the nudity in question.

Kotaku seems to be less of a gaming news site these days, and more like a sensationalized gaming tabloid.
  • Uly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Uly polycounter lvl 17
    Well... They never were a gaming news site. They were, and still are a blog. You might get a bit of spin or eccentricity here or there, but hey, their stories are plenty, fast, and cover some non-mainstream topics as well.
  • jgarland
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Whatever you want to call it, they still provide gaming "news." Same shit, different pile.
  • Uly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Uly polycounter lvl 17
    Eh, that's not so much the point. Basically they have no obligation to present it in a PR friendly / politically correct format.

You're right in that what they do is break gaming/industry news, but this constitutes as news, never-the-less. Without Kotaku, Destructoid or Joystiq, you get so little of the culture and odd stories, and just rehashed PR releases. They're a second pillar in gaming journalism, and media outlets like Gamespot can't substitute them, and vice versa...

... And back on topic, what's a .ass? frown.gif
  • Mongrelman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    ... And back on topic, what's a .ass? frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

This
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    It took them a couple of days, but Kotaku did eventually post an article revealing what the partial nudity actually related to. It was probably more fun to let the fans speculate about its nature.

I'm pretty sure the .ass error image didn't appear on the linked site until some time after Kotaku's article went online anyway.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Who wants a piece of my man cannon, Covenant bitches!!?