Home General Discussion

Agesthreeandup MP-05 Megatron

SouL
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
SouL polycounter lvl 18
Did anyone on here order this? I remember a thread about it a while back.

I placed my order back in January and paid the full price. It's been more than 3 months and I've yet to recieve any kind of update on the toy.

I saw the notice on their main page that the toys were shipping from Japan at the end of April. I e-mailed them to confirm my pre-order purchase and have not heard back.

Anyone else having problems with these guys?

Replies

• Keg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Keg polycounter lvl 18
    I was up there the other day. there's apparently been a delay. I'm probably going to head there on wednesday and can ask them about it.

from the mailing list:
    "Megatron is now on his way to us. This figure was released this week in Japan and so shipping from Japan is underway. We are expecting to see this figure in the last week of April so shipping out of orders will commence then. We have been able to fulfill all unconfirmed preorders so everyone will be getting a notification today or tomorrow regarding payment for these figures. All orders MUST be paid by April 7th to ensure delivery and cost of these figures, otherwise your order will be forfeit and made available to someone else. Sorry for the harsh rules but it has been insane trying to get enough of the un-modified figures to fill all our orders. We are still working on getting more of these so in a few weeks expect more news regarding a possibility of more unmodified figures being available."
  • TelekineticFrog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TelekineticFrog polycounter lvl 18
    Just a heads up...there is a really nice Megatron figure out now other than that one. It's a Revoltech figure and just released to retail. You should be able to find them at www.ncsx.com.
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I ordered from there, so did a friend of mine.

Keg, let us know what they say. We were required to pay up front for it, so hopefully we'll get them soon.
  • SouL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SouL polycounter lvl 18
    Hm. When was that email sent out?
    You'd think they'd include emails in the order form in that mailing list.

I'm just curious as to what's going on. We paid $150(?) for this toy and nothing has materialized in the last few months.
  • Ghostscape
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ghostscape polycounter lvl 13
    I got mine, but I ordered from fantofan.jp since they were the only place I found that guaranteed they wouldn't put an orange cap in the barrel.
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    this just in from agesthreeandup:

[ QUOTE ]
    MP-05 Has now arrived in store on Friday May 4th. We will begin shipping out all orders of this figure right away. As we want to ensure all US orders making it through with the unmodified version of this figure, we will not be transporting figures in huge quantities at once. We will be sending out figures all week until they are all delivered. Thanks for your co-operation.

[/ QUOTE ]
  • SouL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SouL polycounter lvl 18
    Got mine today. Anyone else?
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I got my tracking number a couple days ago, so hopefully any day now. smile.gif
  • SouL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SouL polycounter lvl 18
    I'll reserve my thoughts on the toys 'till everyone in this thread gets their's smile.gif
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    just got mine, going to open it up!
  • SouL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SouL polycounter lvl 18
    What do you think?
    I'm a little underwhelmed. I was expecting a little more. But it's pretty cool overall. My biggest gripe is how the plastic doesn't really match up... making it a bit difficult to get everything to snuggly fit when he's transformed.

Here's the next figure in the series: Skywarp (Starscream repaint)
    http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK10712&mode=retail&picture=aux1
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I actually only pulled him out of the package, but didn't take him out of the plastic.

I'm waiting to take him all out until I set stuff up in my office again.

Looks big though! I like him. Legs are thin from the front, but oh well. He'll go well with my Prime.

The only thing I don't really like is the head. There's something 'off' about it. Seems big.
  • SouL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SouL polycounter lvl 18
    Hahah yeah. He's sorta goofy looking in ways. He looks way fucking cooler as a gun, if you ask me.
    I might get Starscream next.