Home General Discussion

MAssacre

Replies

• Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Unbelievable. What the fuck is wrong with people these days?
  • JDinges
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JDinges polycounter lvl 18
  • nacire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nacire polycounter lvl 17
    Terrible, terrible tragedy.

Just f'ing ridiculous.
  • RazorBladder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RazorBladder polycounter lvl 18
    I wonder what the scapegoat will be this time, other than the maniac himself.
    Really sad.
    As if the Collumbine wasn't bad enough :/
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    I agree... I would like to know wtf is wrong with people these days. Somehow it's become the way people react to pressures and depression these days. End someone else's life because you can't deal with your own.

I'm glad that at least the guy was killed by the Police. No need to carry things on through a long trial, wasting taxpayer's dollars. This is how it should be done when a crazed idiot takes people's lives like that.
  • Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, I come back from class, and my roomate tells me there was a shooting. This doesn't surprise me at all, because I live in an area where shootings happen, and even back home hearing about a shooting isn't too out there. Then he said it was 32 people dead at a Virginia tech school. And it took a moment for that one to register.

It is pretty fucking crazy.
  • Mishra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mishra polycounter lvl 18
    it does surprise me that someone would be able to kill 32 people without being stopped, its almost 10 more than the second biggest single incident shooting death toll, but it doesnt surprise me that he got a gun in and started it. at least on my campus, security is very lax, we have maybe half a dozen state troopers, and no security in the dorms or buildings, the troopers sort of just walk around or get called to someplace.
  • StJoris
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Truly sad, my condolences go out to the families. It does seem strange, in a town you would suspect social control to be pretty intense.
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    Christ almighty what the hell is rong with people,if your depressed and want to kill yourself just keep it to yourself dont go and kill others because life isnt going well for you. Insane.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/virginia-tech/b...ames-252702.php

and leave it to that cocksucker Jack Thompson to take advantage of the situation,who gave him this forum to do so,yyou guessed it Fox News
  • steady
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    steady polycounter lvl 18
    messed up shit
    can't imagine how those families feel... my heart goes out to them
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    Thompson is all over this one, how fun.
  • MikeF
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MikeF polycounter lvl 19
    I just heard on the news that it started in the dorms, stoped, changed location, then 2 hours later started again, how did it even get that far?
    This kind of crap gets to be too much on your mind after a while.
  • RazorBladder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RazorBladder polycounter lvl 18
    How can shitface Thompson even think about pushing his agenda when the identity of the shooter hasn't even been determined!?
    That's sub-human. What an arsehole.
  • Geezus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Geezus mod
    I completely agree. For Thompson to take advantage of this opportunity to push his bullshit witch hunt is ludicrous. I've been following this off and on throughout the day here at school. Every time I see a news report there's some idiot newscaster or witness saying "I mean, look at the video games of today. We're training our children to kill." No doubt, we'll become the scapegoat, yet again, regardless if the person responsible was young/old gamer/non-gamer. This being the largest school massacre in history, I'm sure we'll find some new rules/regulations coming our way. The sick thing is, I honestly think Jack Thompson is jumping for joy that something like this has come about, and he's able to be in the lime light again.

I really wish we'd step away from trying to find an excuse as to why a minute percentage of the overall student's feel they need to resort to this kind of outbreak to make whatever message/agenda, they probably thought was sane at the time, known. I, personally, don't feel there's a way to stop/hinder/catch any person willing to do something like this, there's just no way of knowing.

I have a friend attending VT, and was glad to get in contact with him after hearing about this. Luckily he was on another campus at the time.
  • blankslatejoe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    blankslatejoe polycounter lvl 19
    wow. a lot of my friends went there. I think all of them graduated last year or the year before, but it's still really really crazy...
  • Luxury
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Luxury polycounter lvl 18
    JT has been saying for years that there would be a Columbine x10 because of games. I agree with Geezus in that he is probably about the only adult in the country who was happy to hear about this event and can't wait for a larger one. So sad.
  • Mongrelman
  • Asmuel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asmuel polycounter lvl 17
    ^^ Lol ^^ Gates should have him shot, but its clear no one takes him seriously anyway. Loser laugh.gif
  • Geezus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Geezus mod
    Christ. Does J-Douchebag-T even do his research? How is Gates even linked to Counter-Strike other than the fact that it was ported to XBox a few years back. Wouldn't Valve or the mod team responsible for creating CS, 8 years ago, be a more intelligent target for this moron? Besides, who hasn't played CS? Isn't it the #1 online FPS of all time?

Gates should sue him for the money he lost while reading that email. I'm sure it would be a few hundred thousand at the very least.
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    If you watch the videos the killer made, he never mentions videogames or movies. He does, however, go on maniacal religious rants about martyrdom and Jesus Christ. Why isn't Jack Thompson railing against religion? If you watch the videos, it's obvious that this guy had deep psychological problems and was very antisocial... videogames don't make a person like that. This guy was socially inept and bullied his whole life, he was mentally unstable.

And to say "the 9-11 of school shootings"? WTF? Fucking hell man, someone needs to ram a coke bottle up this guy's ass.
  • Geezus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Geezus mod
    http://www.gamealmighty.com/story-individual/story/Jack_Thompson_Sends_Latest_Appeal_to_VA_Tech_PD

[ QUOTE ]

Despite Thompson's claims, there has so far been no corroborating evidence to indicating that Cho "obsessively played" Counter-Strike. In fact, the original Washington Post article Thompson mentions has since removed any references to Counter-Strike and any other video games. Also, while executing a search warrant for Cho's dorm, police did not seize any video games, consoles, or game-related items.

[/ QUOTE ]
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    Thompson is *way* more of a fucktard than I'd first thought. He makes a valid point using words like 'training', 'rehearseal' and 'simulator' though. I can be pretty mean in an AH-64 Apache in Battlefield2. All that training will pay dividends If I ever get access to a real one and I'll know just *exactly* how to operate it.
    Not that his total idiocy really matters, because surely nobody takes the absurd ramblings of a lawyer who mails out letters with to Microsoft with typos in them remotely seriously.

Personally I don't think the release of the Cho video served a useful purpose.
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    Personally, I believe that violent media has a minimum effect, if any, on a persons mental stability. Playing a video game is nothing like shooting real people. Watching people get slaughtered on a movie is different as well.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Young people who are violent these days can be blamed solely on violent games, movies and music. Violent youth before our time were violent because of violent books, plays and pictures. And violent youth cavemen were violent because of evil cave drawings. DUH.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    Great, now some guy is held up in NASA's Johnson Space Center with a gun. WTF is going on with people?
  • McIlroy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    McIlroy polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]
    Great, now some guy is held up in NASA's Johnson Space Center with a gun. WTF is going on with people?

[/ QUOTE ]

To much counterstrike ! confused.gif..... tongue.gif

edit* You know truthfully if I was going to blame any activity on creating a violent effective killer it would be paint ball . Anybody who has ever been a serious player knows you can get damn good at killing . Though so few people play the game the odds are low that paint ball would be blamed on a crime . However since everyone plays video games and boys/men usually play violent games are an easy target . You know someone should ask jack why mass murderers existed long before video games . What did Hitler go into the future and get himself a copy of counterstrike ?
  • AstroZombie
  • IronHawk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IronHawk polycounter lvl 10
    This guy needed to play some CS to let off some steam.