Home General Discussion

god of war 2

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
I'm pretty sure everyone else is playing it smile.gif I just spent 6 hours playing and its feels like it went by so fast. The Atlas & the horse's level looked so awesome! I have to say, the level designers out did themselves with some of the puzzles!

not sure if you guys saw this, high quality GOW2 setting
http://kotaku.com/gaming/top/isle-of-rhodes-site-unlock-gow-2-hd-mode-new-countdown-251824.php

tomorrow more red orbs with spartan!

Replies

• Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Stop tormenting me, damn you. Its still two weeks away from Australia.
  • IronHawk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IronHawk polycounter lvl 10
    I'm going through the first one and loving it! Pumping my blades up. I cant wait to hit the next level. Going to ask for GOW2 for my birthday.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Now that I got my income tax return, I can go pick up my copy! woooo! GoW in HD baby laugh.gif

Thanks, lee
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas polycounter lvl 18
    The first 6 hours are pretty good. The last 14 are asstastic, in my opinion.
  • Jay Evans
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jay Evans polycounter lvl 18
    Maybe im getting old.. but "asstastic" would that be good.. or bad. After researching on the intertubes, http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=asstastic
    I see I am not the only person with this confusion.

1. Asstastic
    - Extremely bad; abominable
    -Extremely evil or cruel

3. Asstastic
    Asstastic is a combination of "Ass" and "Fantastic." Was created as a satire of all words that ironically mean "excellent," such as cool, wicked, tight, gnarly and sick.

Personally I thought the last half of GOW2 was just as good as the first.
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hehe, I have never heard the second definition there.

!!!SPOILERS!!!

You are pretty much stuck in the same lame location for the entire second half of the game. They waste some of the coolest Greek mythology as pointless bosses that have nothing to do with the story, and fill up the rest with some time bicthes which have nothing to do with anything, not to mention that time travel stories are usually lame, this one being no exception. Wouldn't Kratos just go back in time and save his family? And the end is sooooo stupid. I could almost hear those marketing assholes laughing all the way to the bank while I watched it. It made me feel like a chump for even buying the game.

The implementation of the Icarus Wings sucks, and you don't get to fly the pegusus anymore.
  • Jay Evans
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jay Evans polycounter lvl 18
    yea great points, I still had a total blast though. One critical note though would be.

"!!!SPOILER!!!"

the end.. The fight with Zeus. What a way to completely destroy any sort of dramatic tension. Maybe I suck, but when I had to redo the button mashing sequence 10 times in a row, it really ruins the edge of your seat feeling. There should definitely be a reward for the player at the end, and those button pressing games.. as cool as they are most of the time.. are a shitty way to end a game. Its like taking a movie at the very climax of plot, story, and action, and hitting rewind 10 times. Maybe I was tired, maybe I would have had a totally different opinion had I dispatched him immediately.
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    i read the spoilers, but im still moving on collecting those red orbs wink.gif Right now i'm at the hexagon floor with spikes and its very annoying!
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, I agree about the end of that fight. I thought it was ironic since there seemed to be fewer QTE sequences in this game in general and then to give you one really hard one at the end.
  • Keg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Keg polycounter lvl 18
    I watched a friend play, was really disappointed with the ending. Not liking these endings that are not really endings, but mostly just cliff hangers. Spoils the game to an extent in my opinion. Such endings usually leave me feeling like I didn't accomplish as much. Having some finality to a game even if it's part of a series helps make the game more enjoyable. I'll probably get god of war 1 & 2 when god of war 3 comes out and the ps3 is more affordable then play through all 3 in succession.