Home General Discussion

Getting into game modeling......few quesions

jat
jat
hey all , new to the board and was wondering if you guys could point me to some of the best sites out there (besides this one of course) for game modeling techniques, artwork etc. I use Lightwave on a Mac so I'm already at a disadvantage but I can get er done....thanks cool.gif

Replies

• ill_logic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ill_logic polycounter lvl 17
    first of all, i'd suggest not saying 'get er done'
    i'd suggest checking out the site's of this forum's users. not only are there great examples of work, but some have tutorials. and usually, links to others with more of the same. just do a little digging

-J
  • Marisa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marisa polycounter lvl 17
    A lot of people start out in Lightwave, it's not a bad program, so your not at a disadvantage with that. But try going to www.3dtotal.com then rollover the "free stuff" at the top, then click on tutorials. Now, toward the top, click on "lightwave", and there will be a list of lightwave tutorials. There are 2 pages of Lightwave tutorials you can go through.
  • Asmuel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asmuel polycounter lvl 17
    Modo is easy to transition to from Lightwave, you can have the keyboard set up the same as LW. It models and renders better, and has per-pixel lighting in viewport. Its like a more up to date version really, though I havent used the latest version of LW.

CGChat, Polycount and 3dtotal are all good game-art resources.

Google is good for LW tut's wink.gif