Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Blown out bridge [c/c]

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Rated Rrr polycounter lvl 17
Wanted to get some crits on the model before I texture.

bridge.jpg

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.

Replies

• Ferg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
    a good start, but here's the things that caught my eye as needing work:

- the twisted railroad tracks look too thick
    - the flat deck of the bridge looks like a clean break, it should be a lot more jagged (maybe have chunks of concrete attached to exposed bent rebar hanging down or something)
    - there's no clear indication of how the bridge broke... all the broken elements are kind of doing their own thing (not that bad though). Try Adding some extra pieces nearby to indicate what happened... did it explode and pieces were thrown in every direction, did it break, get bent down and rip off into the chasm it crossed?

hope that helps, wish I coulda given ya more detail but I'm already late for work heh
  • Nogan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    For your model, I'd like to see debris! I want chunks of rock/cement lying on the ground. That is, IF the bridge exploded. Judging from the bent railroad tracks and railings, that's my best guess. However, depending on how the bridge blew out or disappeared, there might not even BE rocks and stuff lying around on top of it.

And this is a little nit-picky, but how about some of those wires on the sides of the bridges be snapped in half or missing, just to further help avoid repetition?

Good start, though. Hope this helped.
  • nfrrtycmplx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nfrrtycmplx polycounter lvl 18
    http://images.google.com

search for destroyed bridge

I would find reference for the particular kind of bridge that you'd like to make... and then build it... after you have built the bridge then destroy it...

that's how i roll anyways.