Home General Discussion

ASUS G1 = Great laptop !

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
swampbug polycounter lvl 18
Folks seriously , I gota laptop. Its time to start making 2d / 3d. It'll be a slow rampup for me but I've been too long out of commission. When was the last time you remember seeing anything for good ole Swampbug. NEVER.

I come home from work to my 8 year old machine and just dont have it in me to make anything. Well the notebook is here to save my ass. I'll make my computing expirence much more rewarding, social and fun. I'm glad I went through and got this. Yo, I get fired up just knowing people are around me while I work who would find anything 3d/ 2d amazing.

Just today in a small quaint Natural foods store cafe some lady was staring at my machine then came over and asked "Is that monitor transparent? Heheh she thought it looked funny because the cover is Black and glossy so it was reflecting everything around me. Just one little perk Asus threw on this baby to make it stand out. Black GLossy Notebook finish gets'm hot!

ok the details of the machine.
18889.jpg

Secondly, its an ASus g1 gaming machine.

I've heard lots of good reviews and customer satisfaction on notebookreview.com forums etc...

If anyone is looking for a small, fairly inexpensive gaming notebook check out the ASus G1. (those dell and alienware can be pricey) Asug G2's have a 17 incher.

Its a 15.4 inch widescreen, (1680x1050) Fricken great!
2 ghz Duo core,
2 GB RAM,
512 MB RAM geforce 7700 go,
1.3 Megapixel camera built in
I opted for a 100 GB 7200 RPM HD
Comes with a Backpack, and Logitech gaming mouse (I love them, so glad they came with the package)

Got mine from GentechPC

Less than 1900.00 even after shipping and a +55 $ HD upgrade

I've heard, and I'd agree its one of the BEst Hardware to price ratios out there. The Notebook even has little LED lights on it that give it that slight edge saying, this isnt a TPS report typing machine.. its a gamers machine.

I just hooked it up to my PLasma screen, and audio reciever for some Audio boost (it supports duel monitors if you have a cable) And played fricken STALKER with some pretty decent settings and was bitchen.

Only thing I did was Killed Vista off the notebook and installed XP. Vista was pretty, but MEH. XP has much better performance.

Peace out, and hopefully soon, real soon I get some speed paints and models going on.

http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=3403

peace out

Replies