pictures of my newest baby:

VECdesert.jpg
VEC.jpg

Replies

• Jaco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jaco polycounter lvl 17
    Nice tanks! I really like the bottom one. Those bumps on the side skirts(?) are begging for some rust colours though, as the texture looks rust-like, unless it's mud or rust that was painted over.
  • motives
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    motives polycounter lvl 18
    the tires are begging for more depth in the normal map

otherwise nice job! looks a bit monochrome perhaps and some numbers/flags/warningsigns could go a long way aswell
  • StJoris
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It looks cool, I am a tank noob so excuse me if I'm just ignorant, but the mirrors look a bit strange. It seems strange to even have mirrors on a tank, looks a bit wimpy to be honest:P Don't they have something more high-tech for that?
  • dejawolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dejawolf polycounter lvl 18
    this thing is a wet fart in comparison with a 60 ton M1A1 with 1500hp, a 120mm maingun, fully stabilized turret, TIS, LRF.
    stats for the VEC is: 18 ton in upgraded config, 310hp engine, 25mm gun, aand thats about it. the other things are missing.
  • dejawolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i'm currently adding insignia and vehicle number.
    warning signs are only on the interior of american army vehicles, like on the humvee "danger, pressing the gas pedal may accelerate vehicle"
  • dejawolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    as for the rearview mirrors..
    no, tanks are not high-tech. they're relics from the 80s.
    as an example, the LRF on a "state of the art" main battle tank is 1.06 microns.
    a DVD player laser is about 0.6 microns.
    so basically, your 30$ mass-produced DVD player is more hi-tech than a 6 billion $ tank.
    tank interiors are swarming with technology from the 70s and 80s. big bulky, heavy radios, that with modern technology would be able to fit on someones fingertip, antiquated gunnery control boxes, etc.

the american M1A1 for example, doesnt even have rearview mirrors. all its got is some dude on top, telling when to stop.
    some german-made tanks got a rearview camera though.
    not all of them. the rest has to do with rearview mirrors too.
  • Por@szek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Por@szek polycounter lvl 18
    This is cool stuff. Maybu U can show us this vehicle from back side and wires, and flats meybe also.
    Wonderfull work anyway.
    Cheers.
  • snap.crackle.pop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snap.crackle.pop polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]

tank interiors are swarming with technology from the 70s and 80s. big bulky, heavy radios, that with modern technology would be able to fit on someones fingertip, antiquated gunnery control boxes, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it as to do with the fact that a 80's radio or a control box is a whole lot more fixable than a Ipod when your under fire in the sand.
  • dejawolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    then again, if an ipod breaks, you'll have 30 spares. and you can stack them all in the same space as the radio set,
    and for a fraction of the price of a tank radio.
    just make sure to put them in a watertight container.
    also, if you manage to get under fire in the sand, and you're trying to fix your ipod, you've probably done something horribly wrong.
    btw, terrorists uses cellphones for communication, and detonating IEDs.
  • StJoris
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hehe it would be cool if you made a hightech tank consisting solely out of Ipods laugh.gif
  • snap.crackle.pop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snap.crackle.pop polycounter lvl 18
    LMAO dejawolf ... ok ok i get the message ... clever reply

but than again you get the idea