Home General Discussion

Pirates of the Carribean 3 trailer

polycounter lvl 18

Replies

• rollin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rollin polycounter
    freaks.. makeing 2 movies in once.. and i love the idear of the 3. one.. hope the film can keep up with its owne trailer
  • SkullboX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SkullboX polycounter lvl 18
    It look great, but don't watch this trailer unless you don't mind seeing half the stuff going on in the movie.

One of my classmate recently stated that in any trailer he'll ever make he's going to kill the entire cast just so the movie will actually be a surprise. That sounds like an increasingly good idea. smile.gif
  • rollin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rollin polycounter
    this is promotion.. stupid sledgehammer promotion.. but i don´t care wink.gif
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    matrix syndrome, they made a fairly decent movie, that made some money, so then they get hungry for more money and go out and make a slew os sequels. just to rake in the cash.

part 2 was so lack luster and uter crap. and this one feels to me to be more of the same. i hope i am wrong, and will be suprised with the movie.

but really feels like these pirates are jumping some sharks
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    I dissagree mojo. I enjoyed the 2nd one just as much as the first. I suspect I'll love this last one.
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    meh.

didn't care for the second one. I'll probably still see 3, but who knows.
  • Marisa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marisa polycounter lvl 17
    OMG That trailer was epic!!! The second one held its own weight comparing to the first one.
  • RazorBladder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RazorBladder polycounter lvl 18
    That trailer gave away so much I feel like I've already watched the damn film.
    I'm looking forward to it though.
    I agree somewhat that the trilogy has weakened but honestly, I don't think they even came close to ruining it as much as the matrix.
  • indian_boy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    both the movies were (almost) equally awesome in my opinion, mostly thanks to depp's acting... "savvy" and "bugger" for some reason crack me up when he says them the way he does (at the end of an uber-confusing sentence that is)...

well, im toally lookin forward to PotC 3... im glad ill be in canada when it releases, and not have to wait 6 months before it reaches india grin.gif
  • Irritant
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Irritant polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    I dissagree mojo. I enjoyed the 2nd one just as much as the first. I suspect I'll love this last one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here, I thought both films stood well on their own and were equally well done.
  • Jarrod1937
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jarrod1937 polycounter lvl 15
    [ QUOTE ]
    both the movies were (almost) equally awesome in my opinion, mostly thanks to depp's acting... "savvy" and "bugger" for some reason crack me up when he says them the way he does (at the end of an uber-confusing sentence that is)...

[/ QUOTE ]
    have you ever listened to those sentences closely? they're more so psuedo intelligent sentences only phrased oddly to sound confusing. i found them kind of annoying to be honest.
    i did like the first one better than the second, however i still feel the second one was still a good movie.

as for the matrix, from what i've heard the entire story was already completly written before the first movie was even made, so the story was ruined from the start. although it would have been better left alone after the first of course.
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    jarrod, despite what anyone says, i do not believe that, matrix 2 and 3 were so far detached..

its ok if you guys disagree with my views on pirates 2,
    I don't mind you guys disagreeing if you don't mind being wrong!
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    You can never really live up to the original in a sequel because there is almost no element of surprise, and if you try to surprise the viewer too much then it becomes really forced.

I did find two pretty good though, they maintained the humor, witty dialogue, excellent cinematogrpahy and superb special effects... So if the third one lives up to those standards i will be a happy man smile.gif
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    The last movie completely killed any interest in the series for me. I almost walked out of the theater I was that bored toward the end. Awesome ILM fx, great Depp performance, and Bill Nighy is one of my favorite actors of all time. But it still couldn't retain my interest. It was great most of the way through, but the last 3rd of it was excruciatingly bad. Kierra Knightely is annoying, talentless and completely lacking any kind of charisma, that 3 way sword thing was one of the most painful cinematic moments I've ever seen, and don't even start me on the mill wheel stuff. Benny Hill did better slapstick ffs. They could have cut out the last 40 minutes and had a great film. Unecessarily long movies irk me. I find it arrogant. Just tell the story in the normal period of time goddamit! smile.gif
  • indian_boy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yes i've listened to those sentences. they all make sense if u think about it. show's how clever Cpt. Jack Sparrow is in reality laugh.gif. especially the one where he gets the drawing of the key, and has his whole weird "acquiring that which u wish to acquire" speech. and then the guy (cant remember his name) says, "so we're looking for the key" or something, and sparrow replies "Ur crazy" or something... watever i dont remember the scripts lol.

matrix,..... dont get anybody started on those. The matrices in maths suck, and Matrix movies suck equally (2 and 3... not 1). One was awesome cuz it was different, with all these new ideas: bullet dodging, roof-hopping etc. In Reloaded, there was nothing to look for! i don't care much for neo flying and easily killing his enemies. I want to see STRUGGLE! and i wanna see more bullet dodging, roof-hopping, and bullet-time flying kicks! there was only one cool thing in the " (something) Brawl" wit the many smiths, and that was when he jumped and did that weird spinning kick just before acquiring his pole of doom! as for three... i sense a disturbance in the plot... THERE WAS NONE! grin.gif it was just one loong fight! so was LotR 3, but that was at least interesting. Revolution had the awesome graphics, but again: nothing new to look for.

wow, that thread was more about matrix than PotC.... oops!
    sorry, guys, i knew i shouldn't get started on the matrix...
  • dom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dom polycounter lvl 18
    Welcome to Singapore!
  • Ferg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    did i watch a different first Pirates of the Carribean film to everyone else?

the one i saw was so mindnumbingly boring i started to jab my own eyes out with a pencil, just to engage my brain
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    Kiera Knightley is indeed an awful actress and i agree the movie dragged on for too long, but jeez .. tough crowd
  • Luxury
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Luxury polycounter lvl 18
    While I didn't dislike the second film, I didn't care much for it either. It was just there. The best part of the movie was seeing it at the el Capitan theater here in LA. For those who don't know, it's a Disney owned theater that goes all fucking out for the movie being shown. Seriously - it was like they uprooted the PotC ride from Disneyland and reassembled it in the theater (minus the water). The spectical of it was better than the movie. Hell, they were even shooting off canons IN THE THEATER when the ship battle happened.

I'll see the third one, but only in that theater again. The film itself looks even more "meh" than the second.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i'm gay for johnny depp
  • James Edwards
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    James Edwards polycounter lvl 18
    I knew it! WHORE!
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    You're all full of it, and then some, if you can't enjoy this trilogy. :P

Been a long time since a movie, much less group of movies, made me enjoy actually watching something in theatres. This set does it and then some. Can't wait!
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    i dont wanna be a pirate
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    loved both films, entertaining till the end, amazing , something that people seem to disregard is the sound work in these movies...simply stunning.
  • Geezus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Geezus mod
    [ QUOTE ]
    Kiera Knightley is indeed an awful actress and i agree the movie dragged on for too long, but jeez .. tough crowd

[/ QUOTE ]
    BLASPHEMER! It's against all laws to talk badly of Keira! (Ms. Knightley if you're nasty ;] )

[ QUOTE ]
    Been a long time since a movie, much less group of movies, made me enjoy actually watching something in theatres. This set does it and then some. Can't wait!

[/ QUOTE ]
    Here here!
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Good movies all around. Liked them both quite a bit.

Those who didn't - you went to a pirate movie made by Disney expecting what??????
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Those who didn't - you went to a pirate movie made by Disney expecting what??????

[/ QUOTE ]

Asking a lot perhaps, but for it NOT to be significantly worse than the first one?

Besides, it was a freebie work trip smile.gif
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    I remember having no interest whatsoever in seeing the first one and for the longest time I didn't see it. One day I was bored and stumbled on the DVD from an old housemate that had left it behind. If it weren't for Johnny Depp, that film would have been pretty shithouse! It was entertaining, but not great.
    Still haven't seen the second film nor did I bother with watching the trailer for the third. I'll just wait until I stumble on to the DVDs or its shown on TV. Oh, and I have to be pretty bored.

-caseyjones