Home General Discussion

CWC 2007

haha... u that CWC was some sort of conference right?... so u open this post to find what? that CWC stands for Cricket World Cup...... mwahahaha! (April's Fool in advance!)

now, World Cup 07 started some time ago, and i thought i might open up a discussion about it. I'm sure that there r some ppl here who watch cricket (the sport, not the insects)... so u know.. might be some discussion going on about players, teams, results etc. etc.

well, anyways... post away if u care about the world cup... India's 1st match is tomorrow... so i have no comments yet.

meh, anyways...... how about u guys?

Replies

• Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    One day i'm going to make an effort to know what everyone finds so compelling about watching cricket.
    I might want to start with making sense out of the game, i suppose.
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    [ QUOTE ]
    One day i'm going to make an effort to know what everyone finds so compelling about watching cricket.

[/ QUOTE ]

when you say "everyone" ... do you really mean "an amazingly small minority of the population of the countries that are supposed to be fans of the sport, to the point that the constant fucking media coverage and bloody relentless news reports of england-need-200-to-avoid-the-follow-on-blah-blah-bollocks becomes totally mind-bogglingly unfathomable"?
  • indian_boy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lol.... okay... thats like test cricket.... which _is_ boring... but the world cup is only One Day Internationals.... they're fast paced enough.... maybe not 'compelling to watch' but... u know....cheer on ur country and what not....
    i can get it if u hate test cricket, and if u hate the Cricket video games (yech)... but playing the game and watching ODIs isnt _that_ bad... is it? now GOLF.... that's something u can rightfully call boring to watch!

oh.. and
    "go india!" for the world cup
    and "go england" for todays eng v. NZ match.....
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    I actually prefer watching golf over cricket. I've never really enjoyed cricket, playing or watching. Be it a one dayer or a test match, though I will agree one dayers are usually more interesting.
    Each to their own I guess.

-caseyjones
  • indian_boy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i suppose thats the best way to put it caseyjones...

but after India lost to minnows Bangladesh, and Pakistan (who i supported too) lost to newbies Ireland and got kicked out.... well let's say im fairly embarrased to show my face as a supporter of indian cricket... so: let's get ready to goooolf!

i still want india to win ind. vs. bermuda, and then this friday's sri lanka match... we need both to get through to the next stages. which i doubt we'll be doing this year (compared to the last WC where we reached finals and lost to them aussies!)
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well, I guess it doesn't help that I go out to the driving range at the local golf course most weekends to unleash on some golf balls when I need to release.
    Though my housemate (who's Fiji Indian) keeps trying to convince me to have a round in the nets sometimes. He has all the cricket gear and shit, but can never get off his ass to go :P

PS. AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE! OI OI OI!

-caseyjones
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    If it's not on the beach with a high probability of the ball drifting out to sea or being carried off by a dog, it's not real cricket.
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HAHAHAHA! Too true!

-caseyjones