Home General Discussion

God of War 2 / Epic Battle!

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Marcus Dublin polycounter lvl 17
http://www.battleofthegods.tv/ click on the "epic battle" tab and prepare yourself for an amazing fight that puts any scene in 300 to shame!

Marcus Dublin

Artist - Kaos Studios

Replies

• bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    played GoW2 8 hours last night. so fucking sick. woulda beat it but the woman made me go to bed frown.gif
  • Marcus Dublin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marcus Dublin polycounter lvl 17
    Yeah I'm picking up my copy tonight, can't wait!

Marcus Dublin

Artist - Kaos Studios
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    i play the demo my co-worker picked up, its awesome! I'll probably grab it used, renting on gamefly this week.
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    Have to wait until mid next month before its released here... Poos!

-caseyjones
  • indian_boy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hey, when u guys buy it... and finish it... could u tell me if it contains any nude parts? i couldn't buy GoW 1 cuz of the one sequence... (my only TV is in the living room... its a hard time having my living room empty of parents/brother/grandparents) and my family wouldn't appreciate the 'have sex' sidegames.....

thanks!
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well, there wasn't a Hot Coffee-patch for GoW, as far as i'm aware, so unless they're particularly sensitive about it, you should be fine.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    There is another sex game of a similar level to the one in the first game. If you have issues with the first then you'll have the same issues with the new one. A video was posted on Kotaku a few days back if you want to check it out.

You don't actually have to take part in the sex minigames, they're just an easter egg to get some extra red spheres.
  • Peris
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Peris polycounter lvl 17
    EDIT: Beaten >:(
  • indian_boy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    that's what they're callin it now? "hot-coffee".... wow san andreas did something didn't it!

well, if the nudity can be avoided entirely, then sign me up!!!... wait.. gotta get the cash first!
  • thomasp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    so your family has a problem with a scene that shows exactly nothing but some bare tits but is just fine with some dude ripping his enemies in half and wading through seas of blood?
    i'm sure it makes perfect sense to some - but not to me! smile.gif

re: GoW2 - has it gotten configurable controls by any chance? dumped the first one because it was literally a pain to play after a while.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    ummmm... somehow my post for conservipedia ended up in here, disregard
  • indian_boy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lol @thomasp.... 'k.. they don't like me cutting ppl up like that either... but at least that's something i can 'justify' as 'cool "gameplay"'.... if they c me playing a sex minigame:
    a) they'll say nothing, but they'll think something
    b) i won't say anything either, but ill be worried about what they're thinking.... not a very comf feeling lol...

oh and think of this:
    ur 16, ur in the basement (or ur room), watching a really cool action movie. Then all of a sudden, a sex scene starts, and its loud and waaay too erotic sounding. Ur parents are home and they can hear it. Think of the position ur in!
    u turn the TV off; they'll get 'suspicious'
    u lower the volume; "ditto"
    u keep watching normally; god knows what they'll be thinking!

lol.. thats my justification...

PS: and when watching saw 3, when theres the completely nude girl, no one in the living room said anything... but we all thunk something! that's the problem! ditto when the vulgar commercials show on tv... laugh.gif
  • Zcubed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zcubed polycounter lvl 18
    Picked this up last night and it's great so far. My friends and I were cheering each time Kratos tore off a limb or snapped a neck! I've always loved Greek Mythology as well, so it's a perfect fit.

I can't believe I missed out on the first one.
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    lol indian boy , nudity is not ok, but violence is...This remembers me heavily of the southpark movie...

i heard wonders about the first one...want to try it ehehe...
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    Wow, they really listened to the critics of the first one. This game kicks so much fuckin ass.

Does anyone know how they pulled off the HDR look?
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas polycounter lvl 18
    I think this is the only game I have ever played that had great art and decent gameplay and yet I still thought it sucked ass. Story was soooo bad. I felt like there was no context for anything. It was amazing to me that they obviously spent so much time and money and yet it felt like a budget title because it was mostly just pure gameplay without anything to hold it together.
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    Indian Boy: The first time you hit water and are swimming in game, swim straight down and don't explore the bath house at all and you should be fine.
  • Keg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Keg polycounter lvl 18
    sonic: simple bloom and brightness adjustments would be my guess.

as for god of war 2, played a little bit and watched my friend finish it. All I will say about the ending is that it's massively disappointing and reminds me of the weak halo 2 ending. I want the game just for the gameplay, but can't bring myself to get a ps2 or ps3 for only a couple games.