neosorcerer
polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
neosorcerer polycounter lvl 10

Replies

• Nogan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm assuming you haven't finished texturing it, right?

The proportions look fine. The clothing on the boy seems ok, but the flap that covers up the butt/crotch is really flat. You take out the horizontal line if you aren't going to bend it, and you can probably take out 2 of the 5 vertical lines in that cloth if you want to reduce your polycount a little more.
  • neosorcerer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    There are no textures.

In 3ds max, is there anyway to join 2 objects without them cutting into each other? I don't want any new cuts made, just 2 objects joined as one.
  • StJoris
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    In the editable poly/mesh there is a button called attach, that should do the trick
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, those textures suck laugh.gif

I would actually add another horizontal cut in his loin-cloths, front and back, if you want them to animate smoothly.

I really like his face, any chance of getting a closer look?
  • Kovac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kovac polycounter lvl 18
    I agree with Sectaurs, let's see some close ups on that face!
    The style/proportions are really cool, a very Disney like feel to the whole thing. Keep going with this!
  • Em.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Em. polycounter lvl 17
    This is just a personal pref thing, but having the loin cloth, and the pants with the crotch and butt cut-out(at least it looks like that's what's going on, correct me if I'm wrong), feels a little unnecessary and wierd. But, since no one else commented on it, I'm sure it's just me. It just leaves me wondering why the crotch and butt of his pants are missing. Everything else looks really good though, love the face.
  • neosorcerer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    StJoris: Thank you, that is just what I needed.

Sectaurs: I have added another cut in the loincloth, I would not want it to be jaggy when he sits down or something, it could be bad. ooo.gif

Kovac: Thank you, see below.

oglemeanimations: It is necessary for proper air flow confused.gif
    But no, really its just a design choice. I could have complete shorts, but then that makes the loincloth redundant and it doesn't look very jungle-y.

I think I am finished with the modeling phase. its at 5008 polygons, including weapon.
    Here is a closeup of the face, I'm quite happy with it, but let me know what you think.

facecloseup.jpg
  • Japhir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Japhir polycounter lvl 16
    very nice edgeflow on the face! great stuff! are you going to normal map him or just textures?
  • neosorcerer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I haven't gotten into normal maps yet, so I'm just doing regular textures. I started on them now.

texturewip.jpg
  • BigO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BigO polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]
    This is just a personal pref thing, but having the loin cloth, and the pants with the crotch and butt cut-out(at least it looks like that's what's going on, correct me if I'm wrong), feels a little unnecessary and wierd. But, since no one else commented on it, I'm sure it's just me. It just leaves me wondering why the crotch and butt of his pants are missing. Everything else looks really good though, love the face.

[/ QUOTE ]

for quicker potty breaks ooo.gif

Keep it up no crits here just rationalized the loin cloth tongue.gif