Home General Discussion

The Number 23

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
I would say the name of this movie is in response to the many gaping plot holes in it... but in that case the number would have to be much higher

Terrible terrible movie went to see it with the girlfriend yesterday... I knew I was in for bad times when I saw Schumacher was responsible.

Replies

• low odor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    low odor polycounter lvl 17
    I dodged this one..almost had to go see it....but me and my wife alot each other one bad movie per year...she spent hers this time on happily never after...

It looked interesting at first....but the user reviews were all below average. I like jim carey, but I think he is trying to0 hard to shake his funny guy persona.
    I'm a fan of reality benders like Brain Dead(the one with Bill Pullman, and paxton) but hasnt been much of that coming out of hollywood really
  • Uly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Uly polycounter lvl 15
    You need more ESP to prevent this from happening in the future.

Seriously though, that's a terrible mistake. While at the theatre a while ago, it looked hilarious. They must have had *every* scene where Jim was like "OMG ITS TEH 23!!!" in the theatrical trailer.
  • cochtl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cochtl polycounter lvl 18
    my GF also wanted to go watch this POS................and it was awful....
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    I was looking forward to seeing this movie, but I keep reading about how terrible it is. Thats too bad.
    I had my Bad Movie this year with The Black Dhalia.
    What a dissappointment. That movie was ultra terrible.
  • John Warner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    John Warner polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    I was looking forward to seeing this movie, but I keep reading about how terrible it is. Thats too bad.
    I had my Bad Movie this year with The Black Dhalia.
    What a dissappointment. That movie was ultra terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

no way! i loved it!
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I freaked out when I saw Schumacher's name in the credits. I had been had!

I thought the movie was going to make me think about some kind of bigger conspiracy, but it didn't. I was upset because I was expecting something totally different.

In the end, I didn't really like it.
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    I was actually really looking forward to seeing this movie when it comes out here, but now I don't think I'm going to bother. Thanks for the heads up.

-caseyjones
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    i'm am sick sick sick of the name, sight and sound of that bastard film. You cannot turn the TV on over here or open a magazine without having jim carreys stupid fucking straight-hair-straight-role moping bloody face forced down your throat.

advertising firms that regard overexposure as a "good thing" should be sent back to remedial classes at school.

go away. Wankers. Go away
  • Psyk0
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Psyk0 polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    i'm am sick sick sick of the name, sight and sound of that bastard film. You cannot turn the TV on over here or open a magazine without having jim carreys stupid fucking straight-hair-straight-role moping bloody face forced down your throat.

advertising firms that regard overexposure as a "good thing" should be sent back to remedial classes at school.

go away. Wankers. Go away

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah i felt the same way about hannibal rising, i must have seen the damn tv ad 20 times a day confused.gif.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    At first I thought you were talking about that hacker/espionage flick with a bit of Illuminatus references thrown in but that didn't have Jim Carrey.