Home General Discussion

Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars Demo

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Pavel polycounter lvl 10
At last!!!!

Guys let's download it and tell what you thinking about that.

http://www.ggmania.com/?smsid=23281
http://www.gamershell.com/download_17978.shtml

Enjoy

Replies

• sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    I heard that you can only "pre-load" the files and then they will be unlocked at a later date so that you can play. Is that the case with this release?
  • Zcubed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zcubed polycounter lvl 18
    People are raving about the demo all over, so I'd imagine this is playable.

Thanks Pavel. I haven't touched C&C since the Red Alert series. grin.gif
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    I've been a huge sucker for anything in the C&C series and own all the games (even though renegade sucked).
    I've been looking forward to this for awhile.
  • Pavel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pavel polycounter lvl 10
    Oh..Gosh!!!

NO! This is playable demo! And best strategy of few years!!!
    I have lot of fun!!!I NEED full version...
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    Renegade was shit, the tiberium series are my favorite, i loved tiberian sun even thou people hated it, tomorrow gonna download and install.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    The demo was okay. Not anything revolutionary by any means. Just seems like a glorified C&C Generals. Fun, though.
  • Pavel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pavel polycounter lvl 10
    2 Vassago
    [ QUOTE ]
    Not anything revolutionary by any means

[/ QUOTE ]
    that is!!! EA at last have understood that game line (C&C) are not need revolutionary innovations...Just polishing of already existing elements.
  • blankslatejoe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    blankslatejoe polycounter lvl 19
    i dunno--i thought renegade was hilarious...i enjoy rts's but get bored of them tooooo quick, and there was something really funny about an fps that literally took place on an rts battlefield--they emphasized that gimmick with the 'unit-buildings', the reinforcement drops, the megaweapons, and vehicles and such.

Add that to the built-in campiness that made the entire game feel like an 80s schwarzenegger flick and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Wasn't the best game, but it hardly sucked.

anywya, back on topic, i might have to d/l and try this after work today
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Played the demo for hours last night. I cannot wait to play as Nod & the Scrin. Had lots of fun.

The performance was MUCH better than I expected. COH is a great game but runs like total shit. 1024x768 and mid-low settings...12 FPS. This game was quasi-smooth even at 1920x1200 with everything but AA turned up to "11".
  • Motz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Motz polycounter lvl 12
    Just bought the demo for 99 cents at Target. Comes with a code for preorder skirmish map, and 5$ off the full version when it comes out. Still at work, but I have my night planned.

After Playing Edit:
    Well, it's uhm... boring. It's literally the Generals Engine with normal maps, the tech tree and number of units/options is quite small, or at least it feels that way. Performance was alright on a 6800 on medium settings. Absolutely nothing new here. FMW was great for nostalgia though. Was expecting much more.
  • CheapAlert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CheapAlert polycounter lvl 18
    I find the demo good. The engine seems optimized (what a rarity nowadays with everything running like crap just for unimportant features that wins reviewers' hearts)

The musical score is less cliche than usual, and the voiceovers for the units aren't as inane as every previous game down to Red Alert, though the Engineer and Snipers are still annoying.

The nuclear explosion is a fillrate killer and the ion storm isn't, no fair >:(
  • fmnoor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fmnoor polycounter lvl 17
    Apparently, you can play as NOD in the demo, just click the pulldown menu and hit N to select that side.
  • Pavel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pavel polycounter lvl 10
    Ha-ha...nice tip fmnoor..thanks
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    can one hit "s" to select the scrin I wonder?
    I played with the Nod units simply by capturing the Nod construction yard...thus allowing me to play with all the units & structures.
  • jgarland
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I haven't played Command & Conquer since the original, back when I had a Powerbook 1400 and Westwood was still Westwood. Definitely going to give this a look. Thanks for the link, Pavel. smile.gif
  • fmnoor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You can choose Scrin, but it's an immediate defeat when you enter the skirmish.

If you play as NOD, you get all the units and voiceovers, just no EVA voices.
  • Motz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Motz polycounter lvl 12
    Wow thanks for that. I don't mean to be mean or anything but now having played as Nod also.. this game is really bad. Both sides are identical, from the troops, vehicles and upgrades. All the same types, just replace the art..

I'll wait till this is in the bargain bins.
  • noritsune
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    noritsune polycounter lvl 17
    hey guys -

I wanted to try this since I love the C&C series, but after downloading and installing the demo (all of which went successfully) I get an error immediately on launch saying "cannot find procedure GetVolumeBlahblahblah in Kernel32.dll". now what's the deal? a similar thing happened for me with the Supreme Commander demo. I am only running Win2K, I hope this is not a symptom of that (since both games are supposedly XP/vista-only). anybody know what this is about?

I'm hoping you do, and that this is an embarassing n00b question.
  • CheapAlert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Have the latest service pack?
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    It was a fun demo. I am missing the rotate key or is there no rotate camera function??? The gameplay was very standard fare and the graphics, while well done, I wouldn't put that high above Ground Control from five years ago.

What I appreciate is that the FMV sequences are back, with a decent cast of actors and actresses from tv. Generals was sorely lacking this staple feature of the series.
  • fmnoor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hold down the middle mouse button to rotate the camera. To set unit formations, hold down the right mouse button and then the left and drag the mouse till you see a formation you like
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    hey guys -

I wanted to try this since I love the C&C series, but after downloading and installing the demo (all of which went successfully) I get an error immediately on launch saying "cannot find procedure GetVolumeBlahblahblah in Kernel32.dll". now what's the deal? a similar thing happened for me with the Supreme Commander demo. I am only running Win2K, I hope this is not a symptom of that (since both games are supposedly XP/vista-only). anybody know what this is about?

I'm hoping you do, and that this is an embarassing n00b question.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that's an XP thing, I get the feeling that all "Games for Windows" need to call some XP Kernel stuff to make sure they won't run on 2k.
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    had to ressurect this to state that i am already in love with the game . The voice acting is terrible thou , but it has an awesome experience.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Games for Windows is part of the Windows Live service. Though any of these will work on XP. They're introducing Windows Live in May. This is an achievements & points system, just like Xbox live. You'll also be able to play select titles across both platforms, against one another (such as Halo 2 and Shadowrun). It's free, to those who already have a Xbox Live gold account.

XP has something stuff that it may also be looking for, noritsune. But honestly, Win2k? Time to upgrade, man! smile.gif
  • Toomas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toomas polycounter lvl 18
    Atleast the older XP only games had a check so they wouldnt work on 2K, very lame but then again its MS.
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    It's not lame, XP had things in the kernel that 2000 didn't have. Making it XP only just saved the programmers from wasting lots of time making the game backwards compatible. Same thing with Vista, if you want DX10 games, you need to upgrade.
  • CheapAlert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    not really, the only things XP offers that 2000 doesn't is native skin support and a watered down user control system.

There are several "XP only" games and stuffs that can be hexedited to work on Win9x (UT2k4 bonus packs, COD SDK and Doom3 engine games are a good example). The whole XP only thing is all about marketing and they'll non-technically block the older operating systems somehow in one way or another. It doesn't really REQUIRE XP, though more games are now trying to link to a special kernel32.dll call (kernels are not really used much by the game) to block older operating systems with a crash message (like Supreme Commander)